• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"save as" pop up box does not allow me to save the document.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ,

"save as" pop up box does not allow me to save the document. Shows a blank screen. Any idea what would cause this? I just purchased acrobat pro dc.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Found this solution:

The default "Save As" dialog in Acrobat DC is different than the dialog that you've had in earlier releases of Acrobat, it also allows you to save to the cloud and previous locations you've saved files to. It is possible that when Acrobat tries to connect to "the cloud", it runs into problems. You may want to try to turn this feature off to see if that brings your save as dialog back: Open up Acrobat's preferences, then go to the "General" category and deselect "Show online s

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 104 Replies 104
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has worked for me too..it took an hour for Adobe support to give the solution..just hopeless!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has worked for me too..it took an hour for Adobe support to give the solution..just hopeless!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2016 Feb 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - the fix worked great, after hours of hassle.  Again Adobe letting the community figure out fixes to their problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you so much this work Perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a fix.  What if you want to save to your Document Cloud?  I have the exact same issue and now I can't access anything under SENT it is blank, My Computer is blank, Document Cloud, Creative Cloud, my linked One Drive and Add Account all do nothing.  Adobe is shooting Blanks with our hard earned dollars.

FIX THIS PLEASE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2016 Apr 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the "FIX" worked for me  - I can save to cloud by clicking the cloud or shift command W.

What I don't know (and I feel like I must be missing out on something) is what the options to "show online storage when opening files" and "Show online storage when saving files" would have offered - apart from letting me see the names of all the online files so that I can work ......

Wait a minute. It would be pretty useful to see all the files in my cloud storage so that I can select the right folder and stuff without having to have the Finder open, wouldn't it?

Please get this DEFECT/BUG rectified before you increase the subscription costs in Australia.

Gary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you thank you thank you! THE ANSWER IS FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2016 Mar 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this... Kimberley for asking and Richil for answering. I've been trying to find this particular preference setting for ages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2016 Mar 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on adobe for mac, those options of  Show Online Storage don't appear at all, at General preferences.

how do we do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2016 Mar 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My MacBook Pro runs OS X El Capitan and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC does not allow me to use "save as" function even after I tried the proposed solution within Preferences. This problem started after the last update of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It is very frustrating as I have to "Force Quit" every time.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2016 Apr 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great fix- thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2016 Apr 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second the motion. Problem solved!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2016 Apr 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too , thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2016 May 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you believe this is still not fixed in CC as of July 29, 2016?  C'mon, Adobe, this is a simple fix that you've known about for over a year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2016 Aug 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx for the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this yesterday, and it worked just fine.  Today, when I uncheck the two boxes & click ok - it automatically goes back to checking the 2nd box.  The save option is grey, the save as option goes through, but no pop up box appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed the dates on these posts are old!  My Adobe pack just started doing this, after an update I presume - I have never had an issue at all until yesterday! (9/21/16) Can someone please help?  All of the fixes have not worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this answer, it resolved my problem which was described exactly by the original question!!  It took me a while to find this response but glad I finally did!!  Thank you, thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2016 Oct 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

found workaround:

a) right click on ARDC desktop icon

b) click on "troubleshoot compatibility" and follow prompts

c) troubleshooter found incompatible program AcroRd32 and fixed incompatibility

d) saved changes

e) now 'allow app to make changes' box appears before ARDC starts; if you select 'yes', app starts without 0xC0000022 and 'save as' option works

4) assume Adobe will resolve this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2016 Oct 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  Appreciate it very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this solved the problem. Until now if I wanted to save as"", I did find a work around. I would go to file menu and select "save as other" and select "press ready PDF" this allowed me to navigate and save as a new file.

Good thing I do not use the cloud though, as I would be SOL. Thank you for this fix.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here we are in November of 2016 and the fault is still there on the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent! It worked.

But it's strange that this problem began today from nowhere...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines