• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Your request could not be completed. Adobe Acrobat DC license has either expired or not been activated."

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Virtually every time I initiate a Word-to-PDF conversion from within Word, I get this error message. I have had CC since its inception, and I have had Acrobat Professional licenses going back to about version 4,5, or 6.

I have signed in and out of CC more times that I can possibly remember. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat more times than I care to admit. Yet this keeps happening, practically on a daily basis.

What is going on? How do I fix this? Am I the only one with this problem?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Stopping "Acrotray.exe" in Task Manager fixed it for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christina,

Please uninstall Acrobat DC this cleaner tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html.

Restart your computer.

Install Acrobat DC using this link Free Acrobat Pro DC | Download Adobe Acrobat Pro DC free trial.

Let me know if the issue persist.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the record,Aadesh, I have done this cleaner tool uninstall & reinstall at least twice before. But I will do it a third time, and get back to you in a few days when the error message pops up again.

Here is the most recent case number from my contact with Adobe Tech support:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, not a solution, but this same thing keeps happening to users at one of my client locations, who only have volume license keys of Acrobat DC. I've been through several sessions with Adobe tech support trying to get to the bottom of this with no solutions supplied. There's another forum thread here with people having the same problem who say it usually happens when the "print to PDF" is initiated from another app (like Word) when Acrobat is NOT running at the time. You can open Acrobat up on its own and not receive this error.

Acrobat dc license has either expired or not been activated‌

Are you able to confirm that this is what you see, as well? Maybe we can help Adobe figure this licensing issue out with more data. {shrug}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still going on in 2019.

I just want to print to PDF.  I need to open Acrobat DC and Creative Cloud to get the PDF printer to run?  I pay for my subscription, I don't need this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old topic, but it is still revelant. I did the uninstall reinstall 3x. Within 24 hours the same issue came back.

Old PC everything was fine. Windows 10 Pro, i7 5th Gen, 32GB RAM. Lot's of Photoshop and Publisher work done and user felt it was "slow". Boss allowed it to be replaced. 

New PC, Windows 10 Pro, i7 9th Gen, 32 GB RAM, SSD drives

Our situtation: Replaced old computer, Uninstalled and "deactivated" Adobe Cloud products from old PC. Installed on new PC. Get the error when trying to convert an email to PDF.

Did the cleaner tool install and remove 3x. each time within 24 hours the error comes back.

Today stopped the process "Acrotray.exe" in Task Manager, this allowed the print to work. However for how long? AcroTray automatically came back on, closed Outlook and re opened, it worked. 

Restarted PC and it still works. We will have to see what 24 hours from now holds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the Acrotray did not stick. The error came up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem on Win 7 64 bit with a licensed version and not the cloud version. I can hit ok to clear the error and then it works fine but is annoying since I print to pdf from many programs. The main one I use (ThinkGIS) doesn't have an Adobe toolbar add-in either. I upgraded to DC to hopefully get away from a few problems with XI but they are still there and now have many more problems like this to deal with.

I just closed ThinkGIS and then opened it again to print and didn't have the error so it appears to be intermittent. I had an instance of Acrobat open both times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing the same error message when I print to PDF from any application.  Doesn't matter whether or not Acrobat Pro DC is open.  I do that print thing 20 to 30 times per day with the error occurring once or twice.  After closing all the error message windows, I can repeat the print command and it will work correctly.  Have never seen it fail twice in a row. Almost as frustrating as being unable to control default settings for panes.  But, life goes on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also getting this error. Would love to see a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Previously I had the last version of Acrobat. I was hesitant to install DC because my first impression wasn't good. It's still not good. The Mickey Mouse GUI is complete garbage. You're viewing a PDF and what if you need to zoom? No more button or pull-down, now you have to go into the view menu and screw around there. Anyhow, back to my issue. I have Windows Professional 8.1 and had to reinstall due to hard drive failure. When I reinstalled my Creative Cloud desktop app I no longer had the option to installed the previous version of Acrobat. Now I'm stuck with DC. Every single time while in Microsoft Work 2013 I go to the Save as Adobe PDF, select where I'm saving and the file name, and bam this stupid box pops ups. If I go right back and repeat the same steps, it always works the second time around. Figure this out Adobe. I'm paying big money for my Creative Cloud membership every month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2016 Oct 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall your creative cloud app that basically allows you to download the apps and redownload it. this should do the job. Your  system just lost you updated license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any solution this issue?  We are seeing this same result in our deployment of Acrobat with a volume license key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2015 Oct 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue here, however it seems I am unable to Print to PDF / Save as PDF until I restart the computer. Even if I am logged into Acrobat PRO DC I can edit all PDF's, but am not able to "create" word document to PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall your creative cloud app that basically allows you to download the apps and redownload it. this should do the job. Your  system just lost you updated license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even print to PDF from Acrobat Pro DC. Does that make any sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found and tried this and it worked despite being for Acrobat 8 - non-adobe link below.

Go to task manager and end processes - Acrobat.exe and acrotray.exe. I was able to PDF print from all apps after doing that.

FIXED: Adobe Acrobat Error "Adobe PDF creation cannot continue because Acrobat is not activated" - I...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. Here, too. I can live with this workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this problem for a while as well. Nothing fixes it! I have totally given up and downloaded CutePDF Pro. Works great! And is a one time payment license for a lifetime. Adobe is loosing me as a customer with their over-priced monthly payment garbage. If I'm going to have to pay ridiculous fees every month for software I want it to work. I give up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sign out and uninstall your creative cloud app that downloads your other apps and redownload it. this should work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot unistall the creative cloud app, it says it cannot since there are applications installed that require it. Do I really have to uninstall all my Applications?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines