• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: This Document could not be saved. A number is out of range.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be NICE if it said what field is wrong.

Also, if having to turn off optimization is a fix, it is really a KLUDGE!

The problem should not occur period, and if it is an issue that can't be fixed, it should automatically turn it off or provide the option to turn it off.   This "work around" is not a fix.   Adobe should be actually fixing it.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

March 1 2022 : same issue in the free adobe reader function, still not solved! Tried previous settings, didn't help. I think I will have to go over to the print pdf option, although it doesn't seem to work on my portable... desperate and loosing tooooo much time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had this issue just now, trying to add page numbers to a nearly 500 page document that was combined from several sources.

I ultimately got it to work by adding the page numbers, then going to "Organize Pages" and using the extract function to create a new pdf from the file. Here i didn't select anything in the separate files or deleting pages, etc... just extract and then saved the document with a new name.

Hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue is happening to me now in April 2022. I scanned a document then opened it in Adobe Acrobat Pro to run an OCR on it. Now I can't save the document with this same error message that provides no information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that.

Please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/a-number-is-out-of-range-error-viewing-pdf-deleting-pages.html and see if that works.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue that the document would not save and I followed the instructions given about the preferences an its making no difference.  Any suggestions on what to do here ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Would you mind sharing the workflow/steps you are doing to save the file? A small video recording of the same would be very helpful.

Also, please share the PDF file in question so that we can check it our end.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Working as an operations engineer. Seeing this in my environment. This workaround is clumsy. Even if it does work (I will try it) I'm concerned as to how to rectify this at scale. Personally I only have access to 35,253 pdfs, but I manage 30k machines with acrobat installed. Is there word on an update that would bring this to resolution? If not, can you get an ETA from an engineer on your side?
Thanks Amal!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that.

Would you mind sharing the workflow/steps you are doing to save the file? A small video recording of the same would be very helpful.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to the pro Acrobat version this year, have encountered several times this 'number out of range', refusal to save or print message. The ONLY workaround that actually has worked for me, on a MAC, is to bail on Acrobat, open the document in Preview, which has had no problems with these files Acrobat seems to find so problematic. All in all, a good reason to cancel my pro subscription. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines