Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Reader and Acrobat on same PC

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to install both Acrobat and Reader on same PC.

How can I do this?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install both apps.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

++ Adding to the discussion

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC application is a Subset of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC application, installing both the applications is ideally not recommended as it may result in unexpected behavior of the apps.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Amal said : it's not recommended, and it's not supported by Adobe (yes!).

Installing and using Acrobat Reader and Acrobat Pro works fine on MacOS, I have done this for about 20 years with no issues.

Now I have been using Acrobat Reader and Acrobat Pro on Windows for about a year without any issues.

Acrobat Reader is redundant with Acrobat Pro, you shouldn't install it unless you need to check that certain features of your forms are working well.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe Adobe does support installing both applications on Windows, as long as they are of the same version (DC, for example).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone.

I too have been using Adobe for a long time, probably since version 1 in the 90's?

I had to restore my Windows 10 a week ago and am still putting apps back on.

Up until then I had a 32 bit version of Reader and also Acrobat Pro DC on this laptop.

I find it useful to have Reader installed for reading email attachments etc., testing forms and code written to automate Acrobat.

Today I installed Reader (which is now 64bit) from Adobe website, and then tried to install Acrobat Pro DC.

What has happened is that the Reader has been upgraded to Acrobat Pro DC.

And if Acrobat Pro DC is installed first, then that's all you get.

I guess I have to locate an earlier version of Reader and try again installing Reader, then Acrobat.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm. You will only be able to have both in the 32-bit version, I'm sure. Completely uninstall the 64-bit app(s) and start again.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines