• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove the McAfee Installation

New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you have locked previous threads about this, but I feel so strongly about this I have gone out of my way to register and bring it to your attention again

Remove this disgusting practice of installing McAfee by default. The download page selects the installation of this terrible software by default and completely erodes trust in your brand and products.

Going forward I will be looking for viable alternatives to all Adobe software and this is likely the response of most of your customers after having to uninstall this trash.

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your frustrating experience. Your feedback is valuable to us, we'd appreciate it if you can share it with our engineering team. https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html 

Additional info:

The installation of McAfee security software is optional. While installing Acrobat Reader, at step-1 there's a dialog box to select or deselect. By default, the dialog is checked, but you can proceed with or without McAfee installation.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not true. I experience the same thing the original poster said. I unchecked McAfee during installation and it still installed it. Now I can't uninstall it. It is grayed out in Windows -> Settings -> Apps & Features. And I keep receiving alerts on my desktop from McAfee, asking me to purchase the software. How do I shut this off!?

Carlos2463214010rx_0-1653674287204.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Carlos,

We apologize for the delay in response to your issue highlighted above.

If you continue to experience the same issue, we'd suggest you to once reboot the system and then look for McAfee scan plus under Apps and Features to remove it. 

Is it still greyed out? If yes, then how about removing it from the desktop or the download location it's placed?

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines