Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Save file' icon missing from toolbar in Acrobat DC on Windows 7 SP1

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I use Adobe Acrobat DC on my desktop PC, which is running Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (32-bit).

Recently I noticed that the 'Save file' floppy disk icon, which used to be located to the left of the printer icon on the toolbar, has disappeared. There is a blank space where it used to be, and when I hover on it, I do get the label that reads, 'Save file (Ctrl + S)'.

Acrobat DC is also installed on my other computer, a Windows 8.1 laptop, and when I run the program there, the icon does show.

Please find two screenshots attached.

SG001.jpgSG002.jpg

I am coming here for help after I tried to uninstall and then reinstall Acrobat, but to no avail.

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 04, 2016 Sep 04, 2016

Start by opening a Windows Explorer file window, and at the top type %USERPROFILE% including both % signs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alt + F8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I already tried this prior to posting. It doesn't work, the icon's still missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2015 Sep 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, Win 7 Pro SP1 i7 16GB RAM.

I can't see the SAVE icon but it's there also working... If you go mouse over it appears the Save label and it works. Also if I go to the customization tool the save icon is missing in the menu where to choose. I Attach two prinscreen to clarify.

Snap1.jpgTop Bar.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem...Windows 10 64bit. 

I will follow thread.  Looking for a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2015 Nov 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem maybe found in Java...

Removed and reinstalled now SAVE icon is back on its place!

I'm not sure but to try is worth than nothing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced the same symptoms, and resolved it by deleting (and allowing to regenerate) the Acrobat Reader DC icon cache file in my user profile.

I navigated to the directory: "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Adobe\Acrobat\2015" and deleted the file "IconCacheRdr.dat". I re-launched Reader and the icon was there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you colinc41755164!  Deleting this file fixed the missing Save button for me as well!  ( %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Adobe\Acrobat\2015 and delete "IconCacheRdr.dat")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also thank you colinc41755164!

Your direction works well for me.
Adobe Acrobat Standard 2017, Windows 10 Pro 1903 (64bit)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super! Fixed W10 64 bit. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

My folder was different, it was %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Adobe\Acrobat\DC, but after deleting IconCacheAcro65536.dat and restarting the Reader DC the icon is back!
Well done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!

I deleted all the IconCache...dat files and restarted Acrobat. Worked like a champ!

Windows 10 Pro

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Adobe\Acrobat\2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the same thing for the full version of Acrobat DC but I deleted and allowed to regenerate,  "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Adobe\Acrobat\2015" and deleted the file "IconCacheAcro.dat" and my Save icon, which has been gone for months, returned this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2016 Sep 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I find the user profile, or get to that directory?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2016 Sep 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by opening a Windows Explorer file window, and at the top type %USERPROFILE% including both % signs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines