Sending a Password Protected Doc for Signature

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, 

I am looking for a way to send a password protected PDF for signature - that requires the signers to enter the password to see the document and sign. Currently, I can set a password on the doc but the signers can still see the entire document when signing. The only need to enter a password if the doc is downloaded and opened. 

Is there a fix for this?

Thank you!

~Shelley

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's impossible to sign a file without being able to see it first.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that is correct. I want them to be able to view the document before signing. My hope is to find a way to require a password for them to view the file and sign. Just as an added sense of security that someone else couldn't accidentally open the email to view the document. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shelley

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

Would you mind sharing the steps you are doing to password protect the PDF file and send for signatures?

For information about password protecting the PDF file please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/securing-pdfs-passwords.html

Also, note that sharing the protected PDF file for signature is not allowed via Adobe Sign. You may share the protected PDF via email.

Hope this information will help

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Amal, 

Using Adobe Acrobat Pro for my desktop. I go into "File" - "Protect Using Password". I set up the password. I then go into "e-sign" - "request e-signatures". I add my email addresses, mark where they need to sign and send it off. 

Is adobe sign the same thing? I looked and it doesn't say adobe sign on it. But I may have missed it. 

Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

The option of e-sign > request e-signature is powered by Adobe Sign, A cloud-based service. Also, once the PDF file is secured with a password it cannot be shared for signature via the Adobe Sign service.

Would you mind sharing the video recording of the steps and the issue you are experiencing for a better understanding?

~Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines