• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

subscription is such a scam

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way they set up their subscription service feels a whole lot like a scam. There was a free trial set up, and they make no iniative to send a courtesy reminder of your payments at all, so, like most busy people it is very easy to overlook the end of your trial. But instead of having some integrity and reminding you, they take your money and you enter into a "contract" for a year. This is also something they focus very little attention to if you are signign up. From there, if you cancel early it is a $99.95 fee to terminate early, on top of whatever months you have already paid for an unused service. It truly is so sleazy and sneaky how the business is operating and making profits. Plenty of people are happy to pay and use your services, why create such a negative brand image and reputation? I am unsure if they have a class action lawsuit in the works-but I certainly will not be surprised the day I see that and will 100% be participating. The company should truly be ashamed of their strategy to make money, and not making an honest profit from people.

TOPICS
Cancel subscription , Crash or freeze , Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat , JavaScript , PDF forms , Print and prepress , Rich media and 3D , Scan documents and OCR , Security digital signatures and esignatures , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's subscription plan is similar to what many other companies use for their services.  Don't expect favorable results from class action suits since there are many jurisdictions involved and most consumers don't read the fine print before signing the EULAs for the trial software.  In the US, Congress is having hearings that address this issue, but don't expect expedient legislation from Congress that will: 1) be very favorable to the consumer, 2) be signed by the  POTUS, and 3) be sustained by the SCOTUS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree 100%. Adobe is trying to scam everyone by getting you to think you are purchasing a monthly subscription, but really tricking you into purchasing an annual subscription. Then when you try to cancel your monthly subscription, they charge you for a full year. It is complete scam and I will never purchaser anything from Adobe again. I am so tired of these scams. Do not fall into their trap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever product or service you're buying, it's important to understand the terms and be dilent with any related deadlines you have. With Adobe CC, you can dee plan details at:
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/compare-plans.html
and cancellation details at:
https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, this is a total scam. I signed up for a free trial and then I was charged 21$ for 6 months. After 6 months, when I tried to cancel the subscription, they charged me an early cancellation fee of 49$. Here is the statement that adobe provided when I started the subscription:

welcome to your 7‑day free trial!
After the free trial ends on June 29, 2023, you will be charged US$19.99 (plus tax) monthly until the end of your one-year term. At the end of your one-year term, your subscription will automatically renew monthly until you cancel (price subject to change). Cancel before your free trial ends and you won’t be charged. No annual commitment required after the first year. Cancel anytime via Adobe Account or Customer Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, this is a total scam. I signed up for a free trial and then I was charged 21$ for 6 months. After 6 months, when I tried to cancel the subscription, they charged me an early cancellation fee of 49$. Here is the statement that adobe provided when I started the subscription:

welcome to your 7‑day free trial!
After the free trial ends on June 29, 2023, you will be charged US$19.99 (plus tax) monthly until the end of your one-year term. At the end of your one-year term, your subscription will automatically renew monthly until you cancel (price subject to change). Cancel before your free trial ends and you won’t be charged. No annual commitment required after the first year. Cancel anytime via Adobe Account or Customer Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesn't let you cancel the Auto renewal ?  And they charge you to cancel, so you have to first find your renewal date, then wait till close to then before you can even cancel your "subscription" without a penalty.  What a freaking scam this company is.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm literally hours late to remembering my renewal date and they want me to pay $50 to cancel early again so now I've got to wait another month 😭

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Total SCAM. Can't cancel without fee which was absoluetlly NOT properly nor sufficiently disclosed with a "free" trial offer.

SCAM. These types of business practices make me furious. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with everyone. I was in the same situation. I started the trial just to try out a few things (I literally used it once or twice that first week).

Call (800) 685-3644 and press 0 until there's an operator. After a few offers they gave me (which was to avoid cancelling it), I was able to get them to cancel the subscription without a fee by telling them I already have a photoshop account through my work (which wasn't a lie - but they didn't verify). The didn't refund any previous charges though. 

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very dissapointed in Adobe, they are con artists getting you to think you are signing on to a monthly subscription then stealing your money in "early cancellation fees", that were not properly disclosed at the outset. I'm interested in any legal action anyone has any tips on. Beware of Adobe, I thought they were a reputable company, total scam artists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bro just chat with customer support and tell them their site was down while cancelling ur subscription. i had the issue where the site was not working and was not able to cancel so i cancelled the payments from bank and later chatted with excecutive and they waived we off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines