• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

There is no Lock Socument after signing option when I apply Digital Certificate

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I'm signing a set of construction drawings with my digital certificate but after signing the first two pages it won't allow the  "lock document after signing option"

I usually sign, save as, sign next page save as, sign next page save as and so on,

and when I sign the last page I proceed to lock document after signing however after I do this process two times, I'm not seeing the option to lock document after signing. This is a recent issue.

Thanks
TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Madelrio

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are not getting the option to lock the PDF file after the digital sign.

We tried to reproduce the issue as per your workflow and its working fine as we are getting the option to lock the PDF after sign. As shown in the screenshot below.

Untitled.png

What is the application and the version you are using? To check the version please go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC.

Make sure you have the latest version of the application Go to Help >  Check for Updates.

If it still doesn't work, please try to repair the installation (For Windows Only) Go to Help > Repair Installation and see if that helps

If it still doesn't work, please try the following steps

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same or similar problem with Acrobat XI Pro.  The "Lock Document After Signing" checkbox is sometimes not present on the dialog box.

In one particular file today, I could open and sign.  However, if I touch any of the form fields prior to signing, there is no option to lock the document.

As a workaround, I resorted to adding a password restriction prior to signing the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @miqrogroove 

Adobe Acrobat XI is an EOL application, it may or may not work with the latest Mac and Win OS. For more info. please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/end-of-support-acrobat-xi-reader-xi.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue as well in version 2023.008.20555.  Trying to find a solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We ar sorry to hear that.

I have tried to reproduce the issue at my end and its working fine. Would you mind sharing the screensrecording of the steps you are following and experiencing this issue.

Also try with a different file and see if its a file specific issue or not.

Try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau... and see if that works.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines