Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Trouble redacting - grayed out document after choosing "Apply"

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Pro DC Version 2020.009.20067

When attempting to redact, I can mark the text I'd like to remove, but when I click "Apply" my document is grayed out and a blank white box appears in the middle of the document. The only way I can remove that box is to hit esc, which takes me back to just the marked redactions. How do I fix this? Photo example below.

Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 9.20.09 AM.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kristin M

We are sorry for the trouble. As described the document gets greyed out after applying the redaction.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

Also, we can see you are using the old version of Adobe Acrobat DC version 20.009.20067. A new version 20.009.20074 is now available for Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC. Please try to update the application to the latest version  and see if that works for you. Go to Help > Check for updates.

You may also try to reset the preferences to default as described in the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and see if that makes any difference.

If it still doesn't work, please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root accoount in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Keep us posted with the results

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem.  I've been using the redact tool for years but just got a new laptop and transferred my account and now I'm getting the white box, as described by Kristin M.  Hitting the esc button brings me back to the document but doesn't redact.  Using Acrobat Pro DC, version 2020.009.20067.  Looking for a solution.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for inconvenience.

You can share logs/dumps/sample files with us via Adobe Send https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/send/ or any medium you are comfortable with. 

Thanks,

Charu Karwa

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I also have the same problem for several months now. Did you find a solution?  Thanx ahead

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wish I could say I had. I tried to update but kept getting an error code. Another person in my office has Pro so I have just been using her computer to redact because I didn't have the time to spend troubleshooting and now it's just gotten to be a habit. Sorry 😞

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines