• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to change signature in the Fill & Sign Tool drop down list using Acrobat Pro DC

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to delete a signature in the drop down so that I can add a new one. The delete box is grayed out and won't respond.

invoice.JPG

[Title Edited By Moderator]

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

New Here , Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Dear all,

I had a similar issue; unable to change signature in the Fill & Sign Tool drop down list.

Then I did this:
1. Close Adobe Reader application
2. Microsoft Windows - Go to Local(C) > Users > User(Yours) > AppData> Roaming> Adobe > Acrobat > DC > Security
3. Rename the below files
    reader_fss_signature_initials into XXXreader_fss_signature_initials
    reader_fss_signature_initiali into XXXreader_fss_signature_initiali
    reader_fss_signature_initialk into XXXreader_fss_signature_initialk

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

I understand that you're having trouble with your Adobe Acrobat application, and I'm here to help you get it resolved. Thank you for reaching out with your concerns.

To address the problem, please follow these steps:

1. Remove the Application: Start by using the Acrobat Cleaner Tool, which can help ensure a clean uninstallation. You can download the tool from this link: Acrobat Cleaner Tool. Make sure to carefully follow the instructions provided on the Adobe website to

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

I think the easiest way of fixing it is - First press on the close (x) button next to the signature a few times (it would be still not gone that is the problem we have), then open task manager (ctrl+alt+delete), 'End Task' Adobe Acrobat. Now start Adobe Acrobat, the signature will be gone and 'Add signature' will be shown.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easier fix: Open a .jpg file in the program. Go to Fill & Sign. Click (if doesn't work double click) on the - (minus) icon. You should be able to re-make and save a new signature.  Makes sure you check the "Save signature" box. You don't have to save the file, just close it. If you go back to a .pdf, it should work correctly again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would work if the minus icon was not disable, which is the real problem in this thread...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Linda

We are sorry to hear that. Please try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and reboot the computer once.

You may also try to reset the Acrobat preference as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

Also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This program is a steaming pile of garbage. It would be so incredibly easy for Adobe to let you save multiple signatures but instead we get this crap. The minus button doesn't do anything, and I don't want to hear any BS about reinstalling or going into directories to make a change that should take ONE BUTTON to do. What a waste of money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultbc8v3a1k07u7 

We are sorry to hear that. Have you tried to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there?

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Have you tried to long-click the 'minus' button? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved the issue perfectly. Thanks for the suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I have the same issues listed above. For me, sometimes it allows me to change the signatures and sometimes it just freezes and it will not let me delete the previous signature. Now my new problem is, I have changed the signature but even though the name has been saved in the box, everytime I paste the signature, the signature will automatically update to the previous signature. My only option is to go to ilovepdf.com to do that. And I have been advised not to go that route. But I have no other options. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay update.. So I just let it stand in the time out corner for a while and I came back to it and when I attached the signature. The signature finally stayed.  But I am sure that this was temporary thing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the dumbest work around ever needed. Adobe. Fix this. Peope have been begging for year.

Everyone - Go into the online version of Adobe, go to settings, e-sign settings, edit settings, my preferences, my signature

What a waste of money for such a critical service. You have so many redic promotions on signing, but make it so difficult...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to long-click the 'minus' button and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe something to this effect may have been what was done to get it to work correctly at the time.

However, I was lucky enough to obtain a new office computer and all works perfectly now - admittedly I know this is not helpful information for anyone suffering through the same issue.

Thank you for the help and reply,

Robert
Fire Chief, Kemah Fire Department
[https://d36urhup7zbd7q.cloudfront.net/u/J8XgpOMnZkq/1657326831357.png#logo]
This communication may contain restricted or confidential information and may not be disclosed to anyone other than the intended addressee; any review, use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, copying, disclosure, or distribution of this communication is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended addressee, you have received this communication in error. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy the communication, including all content and attachments. Any communications are subject to the freedom of information act (Texas Government Code 552) and may become public records.

Sent from my iPhone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't agree more.
Adobe Acrobat = Horrible clunky piece of 32 bit software.
Patch on top of patch on top of patch, with zero commitment from Adobe to rectify...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have Adobe support completely remove their profile -Don't let them tell you to create a new one yourself - This happened to me on both my office PC and my home laptop - I could login with creds from my manager and it worked fine on both systems - They didn't say what they did, but after 10 minutes of saying it is a known issue, everthing worked. Can now go to sign yourself and add and remove signatures when I couldn't before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't it amazing that we are all paying Adobe an ongoing monthly fee these days and they can't even do a simple signature fix in 2023? There are free PDF options out there that can do signatures with no issues. I'd like to think Adobe is completely abysmal but, they are making millions. Can't help but just sit back and laugh at this situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a Mac using Adobe Acrobat and also having trouble changing the signature.  I have the most updated version using Creative Cloud which I pay a lot of money for.  This problem started several months ago suddenly, where when I click the minus button next signature... nothing happens.  It used to delete when I clicked it many times but now that does not work either.  I have removed the application and reinstalled and it works for like a day or two and then stops.  This happens not just on one computer but now two separate devices I use (home and work).  It definitely seems to be a problem in the application.  I am tired of reinstalling the app every other day.  Is there a workaround for Macs and why did this start happening suddenly?  Can you just go back to old application?  This is the most important feature and why I use Acrobat.  Please help or I will have to discontinue and pay for another program.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @RYAN22234248bkdb 

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 23.01.2017X installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Snce the new version was released, this is happening to me. YThis feature is only reason I use this software. Frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that you're having trouble with your Adobe Acrobat application, and I'm here to help you get it resolved. Thank you for reaching out with your concerns.

To address the problem, please follow these steps:

1. Remove the Application: Start by using the Acrobat Cleaner Tool, which can help ensure a clean uninstallation. You can download the tool from this link: Acrobat Cleaner Tool. Make sure to carefully follow the instructions provided on the Adobe website to uninstall Acrobat completely.

2. Reboot Your Computer: After using the Cleaner Tool, please restart your computer. This step is essential to ensure that any remaining traces of the previous installation are completely cleared.

3. Reinstall Acrobat: Once your computer has rebooted, you can proceed to reinstall Adobe Acrobat. You can download the latest version directly from Adobe's official website at this link: Adobe Acrobat DC Downloads. Be sure to select the appropriate version and follow the installation instructions provided.

I hope these steps help resolve the issues you're experiencing with Adobe Acrobat. If you encounter any difficulties or have further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out for assistance. We're here to support you through this process.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Amal,

That worked 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Lesley VAA 

We are glad to hear that. Feel free to contact us for any assistance required in the future.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[P.I removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the easiest way of fixing it is - First press on the close (x) button next to the signature a few times (it would be still not gone that is the problem we have), then open task manager (ctrl+alt+delete), 'End Task' Adobe Acrobat. Now start Adobe Acrobat, the signature will be gone and 'Add signature' will be shown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines