• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to edit pdf - messed up settings?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No doubt this is a silly question and a user error issue, but I used the crop tool in Adobe Acrobat DC Pro for the first time today on a previous pdf.  Now, when I open a pdf & click 'edit pdf' it isn't recognizing anything.  It appears as an image.  I tried clicking crop again and 'set to zero', but that didn't fix anything.  I know it's something that I've done because my coworker, that has the same system, and she is able to edit it normally.  What have I done, and how do I fix it?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mary Beth263166764yzl 

Hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out.

What happens when you try to edit the PDF? Do you get any error message, if yes, please share the screenshot of the same for more clarity.

Also try the steps below and see if that helps:

1. open the scanned PDF in Acrobat Pro
  2. Go to Edit PDF tool and click on the small gear icon on the top and select 'Recognize scanned text' and reboot the application.

Amal_0-1711394298359.png

Let us know if you experience any trouble and need more help.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is viewing all docs as an image.  I have tried the OCR and even saving it as a TIFF and then from there back to Adobe, but nothing has worked.  It worked before that 'crop' thing so I don't know what I could have done or what is different now.

MaryBeth263166764yzl_0-1711399013890.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Please try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau... and check.

If it still doesn't work please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html , reboot the computer and reinstall the application using the direct link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines