• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update failed for Acrobat DC, Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am running Windows 10, Acrobat Reader DC version 2020.009.20074. Update falied error 140300 continues to pop up whenever I check for updates. Tried uninstalling and reinsalling, also, the repair option in Control Panel, no luck. Finally, I tried going to Adobe's Homepage via Microsoft Edge and also Google Chrome, no difference. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Fixed ! ! ! See above.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble.  As described you are getting the update failed error 140300 when you check for upates

As we can see you have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC version 20.009.20074.

the error 140300 iscaused by misconfigured system files in your windows operating system. There can be many events which may have resulted in the system files errors. An incomplete installation, an incomplete uninstall, improper deletion of applications or hardware. This corrupted system file will lead to the missing and wrongly linked information and files needed for the proper working of the application.

You may please refer to help article https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/update-errors-acrobat-reader-windows.html and see if that works for you.

If it still doesn't work, please remove the application using the Acrobat Cleaner Tool https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html  , reboot the computer and reinstall the application using the link https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/acrobat-downloads.html

Keep us posted with the results

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal, thank you for getting back to me. I followed the above procedure and first  removed the software with the Adobe Acrobat Cleaner Tool, then, I went to the link that you provided me to reinstall Acrobat Reader DC and everythign worked fine. Once I installed Acrobat Reader, I clicked on "Help" on the Menu Bar, then, "Check for Updates." An update was found and it installed perfectly, however, if I try to check for updates afterward, I get the same error message that I mentioned in my original post, namely, "Update Failed, cannot download update files, please check for updates again later, error 140300." I get this message everytime I check for an update. I've never seen this before after an update, rather, I will get a notice that no updates are available. Obviously, I am concerned that a future update will be released and I will not be ablew to get it. Thank you for any help that you can provide and have a good day.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ALS, can you please exit Updater, enable verbose logging for Updater, check for updates and provide (send me private message) AdobeARM.log file from User Temp folder?

To enable logging-

Set iLogLevel REG_DWORD value to 1 in the registry below

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe\Adobe ARM\1.0\ARM on 64 bit OS

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Adobe ARM\1.0\ARM on 32 bit OS

140300 error is set when Updater is unable to download a file. Verbose log should help to understand which file and why, or maybe show some other issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leo, thanks for reaching out to me on this issue. I went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe\Adobe ARM\1.0\ARM on 64 bit OS (I am running a 64 bit version of Windows 10 Home Edition).

Here's where I got into trouble : Set iLogLevel REG_DWORD value to 1. I don't see iLogLevel REG_DWORD listed at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, you have to add this value. This should be reg dword 32bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leo, thanks for your help. Question : I did as you suggested, but, had no luck, however, unlike what was happening prior, when I click "Update", I can see that Adobe is searching for one because it now takes a few seconds to get the original error message whereas before, that error message popped up immediately. Am going to start over with your original intructions, i.e., remove and reinstall the software and see what happens. Will keep you posted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ALS,

You are adding this registry value to tell Updater to output more information into log file, not to stop error.

Go to C:\Users\[CurrentUser]\AppData\Local\Temp folder, where [Current User] is the name of the currently logged in User.

Find AdobeARM.log file inside this folder.

Send this file to me in a private message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O.K., I've got it, now, how do I send it to you in a private message ? ?  If I answer here on this forum, is that O.K. ? ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ASL,

I sent you private message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine on it's way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sending the log, ALS. It is not verbose, so you did not set the registry value properly.

However, the log shows file download error from BITs, which is a system service that is used by Updater for downloads.

Error Code: -2145386423

This is the same as BITs error BG_E_TOO_MANY_JOBS_PER_USER (0x80200049)

The job count for the user has exceeded the per user job limit set by the MaxJobsPerUser Group Policy setting.

If your PC is a part of organization, you might need to consult with system admin.

If this is your personal machine, you can try this link to resolve the issue-

https://techlatestinfo365.blogspot.com/2018/04/outlook-oab-task-reported-error-0x80200049-operation-...

Or google for more solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leo :

Fixed ! ! !  Removed my new incorrect Registry entry, Ran Windows Bits Troubleshooter from Control Panel, problem solved. Update message is now as it has always been, i.e., "No updates available". No more error messages ! ! ! Whew, glad this is over. Thank you for all your time and help, stay safe, stay well, and God Bless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much have a nice day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed ! ! ! See above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi from Central London, United Kingdom, near Europe, on Friday the 8th Day of October MMXXI-2021 A.D. We are retired, using a Sony Vaio VGN-CS21S/Red personal portable retirement desk-top replacement home computer, which we purchased from John Lewis Department Store, near Oxford Circus, in the June 2009 summer sales. I am learning to use Adobe Support COmmunity and your plea for help came up. I post here my question to Adobe Virtual Assistant, and than read your post eventually. Hi Adobe! Hi Customer Care Virtual Assistant. We own a Sony Vaio VGN-CS21S/Red personal portable computer, purchased at John Lewis Department Store, in June 2009 A.D. which had Adobe products installed, as part of the purchased software. Now with Windows 10 Home software installed our already paid for Adobe products have disappeared. How can I get these products back!? I purchased them already!!! I own them!? Best Regards Sir Stef

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines