• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very Large Cursor and Large Oval Highlight

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to highlight lines in a 300 page document.  I have a very large cursor and the highlight is in large ovals.  Help. 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Beth

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, you have a very large cursor and the highlight is in large ovals.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

If the PDF file is scanned document, please try to run the OCR on the file and then try to highlight the text and see if that works, Open the PDF > Tools > Scan and OCR > Recognize Text > In this file.

You may also check the help page - https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/edit-scanned-pdfs.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I have seen this question asked on the community boards without an answer.  Should I uninstall and reinstall.

This is not a scanned document. 

The large cursor will appear after a pdf a document and will print on the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Beth

We are sorry to hear that. Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described in the help page - https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been facing the same issue. It gets me crazy 😞 The solution shared under this topic is quite old. I reviewed the link you sent and tried it but I have tones of folders and documents under Acrobat and no preferences file. Can you please share the latest solution?  Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are sorry for the delayed response. Have you tried using the application in the new user profile or the root account for Mac? Please check and see if it is working fine there.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines