• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WHERE ARE THE SCROLL BARS?!!

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'VE SPENT A HALF HOUR NOW, ON A TIGHT DEADLINE, TRYING TO FIND THE VERTICAL SCROLL NBARS IN THE NEW ACROBAT PRO CONTINUOUS RELEASE VERSIOJN 2023.  WHY DO YOU HAVE TO DO THIS TO US?  THE WEB IS FULL OF PEOPLE TRYING TO FIND THESE SCROLL BARS!  I'VE GOT A 230 PAGE PDF TO EDIT AND I'M HAVING TO USE THE UP & DOWN ARROWS TO MOVE ONE PAGE AT A TIME!

WHERE ARE THE SCROLL BARS?!!  [Repeated text removed]

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

2020 VERSION IS HEREhttps://helpx.adobe.com/ca/download-install/kb/acrobat-2020-downloads.html

Install it (it asks for a serial number; I chose "trial version yada yada" and when it asked again on startup I choose "use my username" or something like that), then

> choose a PDF in Finder (Mac),

> Right-click and choose "Open with" and choose the 2020 version (for me it appears with a black icon)

> make sure it works (it does for me)

> Go back to Finder, and on any PDF

> Right-cli

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Hi All

The issue has been addressed with the new version of Acrobat (23.08.20555) and now we have a preference to enable the scroll bar in Mac.
Please find details for the fix here:- https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/scroll-framework-upgrade-macos.html

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 112 Replies 112
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020 VERSION IS HEREhttps://helpx.adobe.com/ca/download-install/kb/acrobat-2020-downloads.html

Install it (it asks for a serial number; I chose "trial version yada yada" and when it asked again on startup I choose "use my username" or something like that), then

> choose a PDF in Finder (Mac),

> Right-click and choose "Open with" and choose the 2020 version (for me it appears with a black icon)

> make sure it works (it does for me)

> Go back to Finder, and on any PDF

> Right-click and choose "Get Info"

> Under "info" for the PDF, half-way down it says "Open With"

> change the default to the 2020 version of Acrobat

> and click "Change all"

Now all PDFs will open with the 2020 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm Cayce, the initiator of the original post,  I don't know how long your contribution has been up here, but it gets my vote as the correct solution.  I'm nominating you for Sainthood on this, Bantjes.  You are the best, hands down.  I followed your instructions and can now enjoy an unhindered workflow.  Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!! Best solution yet. Thank you. And, so simple.

@bantjes • Community Beginner , Oct 12, 2023 wrote:

2020 VERSION IS HERE ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you thank you thank you! You saved us from idiot mode.

Note: It works fine in Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would we install a 2020 version in 2023 ? (Now 2024)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because it works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue. my bigger problem is that ther are no vertical scroll bars in the comments pane so cant progress through the list comments and corrections in a pdf as there isnt even an arrow down for those. as some people say i have to experiment with expanding or clicking away to get the scroll bar. so inefficient and ruining my work flow 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can almost guarantee that there is not one UI dev at Adobe that uses a Wacom tablet. Why else would they remove this basic UI function?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. And I am also finding now that toggling the "Show scroll bars" setting off and back to "always" no longer works to bring back the scroll bars. I am not sure if they are aware of that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The people at Adobe designing and updating the software for Acrobat don't care about their own customers
or

this issue about the fixing the scrollbars would have been resolved already.  

They design some algorithm, collect 

their paycheck and go home.  They could care less about anyone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So..... it's now Nov and still no answer for this? how fustrating. Common Acrobat, get it done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think their engineers know how to fix it or what they are doing. I have honestly never seen a company so intent on destroying its own user base than this. Somebody in a managerial position should have been hired the moment these awful botches went from beta to force installs. It's just a real shame that there's NO obvious Adobe replacement like there was for Quark and Aldus etc. The scroll bar is STILL broken and they don't care. They will if it ever impacts photoshop sales. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another Wacom user here --- Acrobat is clunky enough, can you really not figure out how to keep the scroll bar visible?? the fact that I have to drop my pen and use a trackpad every single time i want to scroll through a document (thats like 100 pages) is such a huge waste of time and really damages my workflow. I would NEVER use this app if it werent for one of my clients using it to make notes. Preview on Mac does a WAY better job and its much more simplified. take notes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found them yet?

Art Director | HarperCollins Publishers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found that there is a hand tool.  Looks like a hand.  And if you click on that, the arrow cursor turns into a hand which will then let you scroll down the page.  Not as convenient as the vertical scroll bar, but it's perhaps a solution.  Just wish they'd left well enough alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the hand tool doesn't work for scrolling through the comments pane though.  I get all my client feedback via the comments pane and there is not way to scroll it, I'm also a wacom user and have to keep picking up a mouse to scroll. so annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly Tracey, we work exclusively with a wacom, I don't have a mouse anymore and pressing the keyboard up and down arrows is just a waste of time.

Holding down the space bar and navigating with the hand tool is very glitchy and often crashes the file and not possible to do this if you're viewing the pdf in thumbnail spreads view.

Claire 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tracy* apologies

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE. This is really FRUSTRATING!!!

1. The scroll bar is visible all the time (as desired) in

Adobe Acrobat Reader Continuous Release | Version 2022.002.20191

but NOT (you need to try to scroll to show it, which  is NOT desired) in

Adobe Acrobat Reader Continuous Release | Version 2023.006.20380

The same happens with older and the current version of

Adobe Acrobat Pro Continuous Release | Version 2023.006.20380

2. On the other hand, the knob of the scroll bar is always too dimm gray and extremely hard to stop. In large PDF documents, it is almost impossible to spot.

System: macOS 13.6.1 (22G313) Ventura on Intel iMac 27 inch retina mid 2017.

Adobe, please, please, please, fix both serious productivity issues. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked for me (I'm supporting dozen of machines in our dept, most of them on macOS 10.15-12.7.1), Acrobat Pro DC 23.006.20380.

https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/47248445-scrollb...

In short, you need either Xcode or BBEdit as plist editor (BBEdit has free evaulation period of 30 days).

Ensure that both Acrobat and Distiller quited.

Open your acrobat Pro pref-file located at ~/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist

You can make copy of it to replace it later if you aware of last opened files history in adobe, but you can just delete this pref-plist and Acrobat creates new fresh one on next launch.

Find (Cmd+F) in this plist line with "HonorOSTheme", go to first </array> right after it, and paste this code after it:

<key>HonorSystemScrollerPref</key>
        <array>
            <integer>0</integer>
            <true/>
        </array>

I have attached scrrenshot of how it should look after edit. Note the tabs/spaces on the left side of code, make it similiar as other code around.

Run "sudo killall cfprefsd" in Terminal to terminate other procecess that may use Acrobat and you done (in my case I don't even used this command, just ForceQuited all Adobe apps before edited plist)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Lev Pavlov 77. Hopefully, Adobe will listen and fix both issues in the next release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this fix. I did this about a month ago, and had to do it again now, as for some reason the settings changed back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restored scroll bar to bookmarks, but not the main window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, thank you! Permanent vertical and horizontal scroll bars are now visible in the document window, comments side bar and tools sidebar.

By the way, I tried Adobe's own fix first, but it did NOT work. For those interested, it can be found here: 
https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/scroll-framework-upgrade-macos.html

My specs:
Adobe Acrobat Pro Continuous Release Version 2023.008.20470
Macbook M3 Pro 14-inch, Nov 2023
macOS Sonoma 14.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfectly for me.

Acrobat Pro 24.002.20759

iMac 3.1 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5

macOS Sonoma 14.5 (23F79)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines