• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White Blank Pop up dialogue boxes (Save As, Apply Redactions, any thing)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My adobe acrobat dc pro got updated to the latest version 21.007.20091 and I WISH I could undo it. Now I can't get anything done in Adobe because everytime I try to save as or apply redactions or do basically anything, I get a blank white pop up box and grey background screen. It only goes away when I press ESC. This is driving me mad. I'm logged in and do this all the time. Just since the update 9/14 it hasn't been working. Screen shot included.Capture.JPG

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Hi @kimm92138622 

As per our offline discussion, looks like your issue is fixed by applying latest patch.

Please mark this thread answered/helpful to help others.

-Regards

Acrobat Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 110 Replies 110
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kimm92138622 

We have recieved a mail from Kim Moran (assuming it's you).

We are looking at the shared log and will revert as soon as we have something deliverable to you.

Please write back to susoni@adobe.com  directlty for quick turnaround.

-Regards

Acrobat Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Just sent another email with the Acrocef_1 and 2 contents, webresources directory and task manager processes. Appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kimm92138622 

As per our offline discussion, looks like your issue is fixed by applying latest patch.

Please mark this thread answered/helpful to help others.

-Regards

Acrobat Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much to you and your team for working on the patch and getting it out so promptly. There is so much going on behind the scenes to help people like me in my day-to-day work. Appreciate you all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exactly the same issue.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program, I've got all the updates and I'm at a loss.  I can't actually do my work!

What was the solution to this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent you private message, lets work towards fixture of your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same issue and it seems I have latest update (the problem appeared this morning after thw installation of the update).

ProbAdobe.png

Thanks  alot for your support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still ran into this issue with vs 2021.007.20099. Tried to update, but I was on the most current. I had to close out of the app and close out of all of the processes that were running. Then it started to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone point me to where this patch is located?  I checked for updates, but I'm up to date on my updates and I'm still getting the white screen of inaction whenever I try to redact a .pdf.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this is a long term fix, but this worked for me just now.  Found this on another thread.  I didn't lose any of my recent files as is mentioned below, but the white window popped up and actually had info on removing metadata and then it applied the redaction and saved it.  It's a Christmas miracle!!

I have been having this problem for months. I ended up updating Adobe. Then I hit ctrl+alt+del and "end tasked" each instance of Adobe, Adobe installer, Adobe CEF helper, and CEF and restarted Adobe. All my recent files disappeared but the redact, save as, and signing works again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue - when I start looking at a docuement the white box popos up with a red scrolling circle. The only way to get rid of it is to use Task Manager to close the programme. I have deleted the app and used the cleanup tool and reinstalled, but it is still happening. I cannot find what I should do, please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help, the same thing keeps happening to me.  I can't get my work done!  I've chatted with Adobe twice, was told it was the latest update.  Uninstalled most recent version and reinstalled an older version.  Worked for a few redactions then started again.  I have unchecked the the box "show online storage when saving files" under the General category.  I don't have time to waste applying redactions to a multiple-page document only to have to start all over again.  Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, too, but after uninstalling and reinstalling the application and updating to the latest version, the problem is intermittent -- specifically, it usually fails when I need it the most.

A solution would really be helpful, guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will someone fix this screwup because its extremely frustrating when redacting or using save as.... i hope you can fix it quickly or issue a patch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Glen5FA9 @defaultx1a8vnnrlors 

Sorry for the inconvinience caused.

We have fixed few of the similar blank issues and released latest patch as version 21.007.20099.

Request you to please try latest patch via Help -> Check for update and share your observations.

Please write to susoni@adobe.com directly by giving reference to this thread for quick turnaround.

-Regards

Sunil Soni

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far, so good with version 21.007.20099. Let's hope that did solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curiously, the problem reappeared after rebooting my computer. I tracked it back to the "Show online storage when saving files" setting in Edit > Preferences > General > Basic Tools. Somehow, Acrobat reset this to the default after rebooting. I unchecked that setting again and everything is functioning again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shared private build via your inbox, Kindly check and proceed with the steps.

-Regards

Sunil Soni

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sunil, I tried downloading the private build you linked in your private e-mail, but I get the message "You are not authorized to view the file".

I tried responding to your e-mail, but your mailbox is full.

And I don't have quite the same registry key you described, but my HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\Installer registry entry does contain a CEF_DIR value. Is that the CEF installation directory where you want the private build installed?

Please send me the private build for Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 32-bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share your email id so that i can provide the access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sunil, unfortunately the private build did not help. I am still getting the blank dialog box when I try to send a document for signatures using Adobe Sign.

Can you suggest any other solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Glen, you solve my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having this issue with the latest release. Operating system: MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 (18G9323)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines