• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why change everything?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why? Why do you "creators" feel a need to completely change the layout of toolbars, etc. in a program?! Do you have nothing to do so you just search out what you can do to aggravate us? Adobe Acrobat DC is now TOTALLY different in the toolbar layouts! WHY???

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

@reginal79098089 wrote on 22 June:

Adobe Acrobat DC is now TOTALLY different in the toolbar layouts!

Hi Reginal,

I have yet to hear from someone who likes the "new experience" in Acrobat, but it is easy to turn off!

Steps to enable [and disable] the new experience

• To enable the new experience, go to View > Enable new Acrobat and click Restart.
  • To disable the new experience,
    • Windows: Click the hamburger menu ( 3 lines ) at the upper left corner and choose Disable new Acrobat.
    • macOS: Go

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Was this even tested before it was released to the public?

By @Jerome DCProud Lewis

Adobe has pre-release testers for all the Creative Suite programs and Acrobat. Occassionally I see Adobe announce for people to join the testing program.

Many of us community experts here in the forums are testers for Adobe, and many of us have been doing this since the 1980s and 1990s. 

I can't recall much positive feedback from the testers before the "modern" Acrobat was released to the public. I know m

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Hi All!

I hope you all are doing well.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive & get more out of Acrobat.  

As we made these changes in the interface, we have tried to ensure all tools & features currently supported retain their familiar functionalities and workflows as they did in the previous version. We are committed to addressing any gaps or issues users report related

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 321 Replies 321
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but once re-opened it is not disabling the new Acrobat at all. Everything moves so slow with this new update 😓

By @Andrea33508852821m

That is not what I experience. What is your OS and version?  Did you try to uninstall? (Uninstall - Download - Reinstall or Uninstall - AcroCleaner- Download - Install)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree 100%. It's so annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this. I've been using it for months and it's been driving me crazy. The new interface is completely unintuitive and inconsistent with any other interface. Adobe - Am sure the intentions were good but please revert it back to something we are used to or consistent with the way an operating system works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome @Justin255349310nig 😊

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Windows: Click the hamburger menu ( 3 lines ) at the upper left corner and choose Disable new Acrobat.

The essential complement to the hamburger menu

UI vs UX.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn’t work for some of us. I know where the hamburger menu is and I click Disable. When it restarts, it’s the same awful new Acrobat.

Any other suggestions are welcome.
Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Proofreader 

do you have a teams or enterprise subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither. Individual subscription.
Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then use the cc app to uninstall (including preferences), then reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you, thank you! The new layout was frustrating beyond comprehension. Now I can go strait to the last page again instead of clicking away into oblivion at the new right hand scroll function. I can also search again using the familiar keyboard shortcut. You're a rockstar!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome @WendyDS 😊 I'm glad this is working for you!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am one of the many for whom this isn't working.  Tried numerous times, even in Administrator mode but with no luck.  I would appreciate some help.

AL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Al35052774nxbw 

did you restart acrobat after disabling "new acrobat"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya, thanks for replying.  Yes, in fact it restarted itself.

AL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya.  I appreciate the help but all that meant nothing I´m afraid, for example no [DC/2017/2020] folder.

Can you tell me what this means please - then use the cc app to uninstall (including preferences), then reinstall.  For example, what is the cc app?  Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote what is the cc app?  Cheers.
By @Al35052774nxbw

The Creative Cloud Application

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/creative-cloud.html

However, you don't need it to uninstall/reinstall Adobe Acrobat. Use these steps instead:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/uninstall-reinstall-acrobat.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Al35052774nxbw 

google how to reset your acrobat preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Thank you to everyone who replied for your help.  It is very much appreciated.

AL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My god, THANK YOU! I was on the edge of a meltdown with this awful, useless, irresponsible new acrobat interface. The designer who made these changes should quit this career, alongside with the PMs who approved this [cursing removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!   Changes are TERRIBLE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this. Very helpful. I, too, don't know why developers feel the need to take something that works (like the old view) and make it less easy to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome @David35511310aar9  😊

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did revert the current document, but the next time I opened Adobe, it became the new version again. I also can't shut off the damned tour. I'm about to just uninstall this worthless POS and use Bluebeam for everything. Programmers: making themselves 'important' at the cost of productivity. Way to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2024 Mar 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This response above no longer works !  We seem to be stuck with the "new view" like it or not.  I'm on the 'not' side

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines