Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

windows control bar and acrobat menu bar not showing

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

we have the problem that the Acrobat 9 Standard has display error on a PC. The menu bar with File, Edit, etc is not displayed, also the bar where you can minimize, maximize and close the window is not showing.

I installed the Windows completely new after error occur.

I have deleted the Adobe folder from C:\Program Files, C:\ProgramData, C:\Users\XXXX\Appdata\Roaming, LocalLow and Local and then reinstalled the acrobat.

I also give the user full control on the path c:\program files\adobe, without success.

It is a Windows 7 Professional 64bit computer, which is completely new and was just installed. There are only office 2007 small business and adobe acrobat 9 standard installed. It is the newest version

Here are some screenshots from the error.

After that I installed the Adobe Reader X, but this it didn't have the error.

I tested a repair installation, a completely new windows installation, but the error already there.

I don't know how I can solve this problem.

If you press F9, the windows control bar is showing.

If you press F9 again, the menu bar is showing.

But when you restart the software, you get the same problem.

I hope someone can help us.

The same error we got with the adobe reader. You can read it here: Re: Anzeigefehler beim Adobe Reader 10.1.4 und bei Adobe Reader 11 aktuellste Version

The solution from this thread didn't help at this error.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Please try the fix from Kapersky labs and let us know the result.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2014 Oct 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anybody help us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2014 Oct 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started having the same problem last week.

After months of tolerably flaky performance (random crashes on document close), last week Acrobat XI Pro started to misrender on the screen.  The frame that Windows places around it would disappear, and the document, including the toolbars, would render at an offset from where it was supposed to be.  Toggling the Acrobat menu bar with F9 would temporarily restore the frame but would leave artifacts of the mis-render, but selecting another application would cause the problem to appear again.  Only Acrobat XI Pro is exhibiting this behavior.

Changing to Direct X 9 rendering didn't help, and changing back to Software rendering did not help.

Kaspersky anti-virus and rootkit scans show the system as clean.

System is Windows 7 Home premium, 64 bit, Service pack 1.  Other software include Firefox, Office 365, and Visio Pro.

I have no idea why this started happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2014 Oct 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as described above, especially by knothouse.

System is Windows Vista, 32, Service Pack 2.  Firefox, Office 2007, Autocad. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2014 Oct 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People are reporting this suddenly, with wildly different versions of Acrobat and Adobe Reader, and on different versions of Windows. I think we can rule out changes to Acrobat or Adobe Reader or Windows, which leaves third party utilities. I suggest as many people as possible post full lists of third party utilities, no matter how unrelated they seem to be. Perhaps we will find something in common.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've installed Windows 7 SP1 Professional x64 and Office 2007 small business with all updates, Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard with all updates. The PC is connected to a domain. There is no group policy activated for this pc.

It's a high end pc with Intel Xeon E5-2620v2, Nvidia Quadro K4000, 32 GB RAM and SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, system is Windows 7 Home premium, 64 bit, Service pack 1.

Other software include Firefox, Office 365, Visio, Kaspersky Anti-virus.

No new utilities were installed recently, and no hardware changes were made.

Only recemnt software changes were installing the latest patches to Windows via Windows Update.

Latest WHDL drivers for my Core i5 GPU (driving one monitor) and NVidia GTX 760 (driving 3 monitors) are installed.

Problem occurs on all monitors.

Note that of all the software I run, only Acrobat XI Pro is exhibiting this error.

And it is exhibiting it all the time.  I am considering finding an alternative to Acrobat: I wouldn't accept this kind of behavior in freeware, much less a commercial program I rely on to do my job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, one person is reporting it suddenly happened in Acrobat 8 Pro. This suggests a problem outside Acrobat, since that hasn't been updated in years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, has anyone tried regressing (going back to an older version of Acrobat or Reader)? Did it make the problem go away. At this stage the more information posted the better the chances of finding a cause and/or solution. And has anyone tried safe mode to see if it still happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have any of you tried a repair (Help>Repair)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I repaired Acrobat. that was the second thing I tried.  It did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I repaired Acrobat, too. I installed Windows completely new after the problem occurs, but it did not help.

On the old pc with completely the same software there were not this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2014 Oct 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TSN and I are not seeing this problem. As he indicated, it has been indicated in other versions also, suggesting some issue with the OS. Though it is also possible there is some JavaScript addon that has been added to your Acrobat. All I can think of at this point with all the reinstalls and such is to check the addon folder in Acrobat. If you do run a reinstall, be sure to use the cleaner and remove all parts of the left over Acrobat folder before rebooting and reinstalling. May not help, but that is all I can think of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a utility that was added last week - GoToMeeting 6.3.0.1468.  I uninstalled that and am still having problems.   

I tried HELP/REPAIR this morning, but the problem still exists. 

My problems started when I was trying to solve another problem - ONLINE HELP CONTENT CANNOT BE VERIFIED.  VERIFY YOU CAN LAUNCH YOUR WEB BROWER AND HAVE ACCESS TO THE INTERNET.  I am not sure if there is a relationship between the two.

I can use F9 to restore the menu bar, however there is a portion of another page displaying behind it.  If I restore the FILE  EDIT  VIEW WINDOW  HELP ... pulldowns and then mouse to them, it disappears.  If I hover my mouse over that location, and then use F9 to restore the menu bar, it appears and sticks.  I can then use it.  Once I move the cursor away and then try to go back, the menu disappears again.

Dell Inspiron laptop

Windows Vista Home Premium, 32,

Adobe Acrobat Pro XI,

Kaspersky Internet Security installed 2 weeks ago,

update to Firefox 32.0.3 two weeks ago,

installed Flash Player 15 Active X 3 weeks ago

AutoCAD

MS Office 2007

MS Office update installed on 9/24

MS Office 2007 Service Pack 3 installed on 9/24

Number of MS Office Security updates on 9/12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting - what can you remember about the things you tried (whether they worked or not) to sort out the problem with help content etc.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2014 Oct 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be a problem with Kaspersky Anti-Virus / Internet Security 15.0.0.463 Patch B:

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=307391&hl=Adobe

Download and install the new version 15.0.1.415 from the Kaspersky-Website and the problem is solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2014 Oct 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's not only a problem with Kaspersky, because we don't use Kaspersky. We use Sophos. If Sophos isn't installed, the problem is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. Thanks for the information. Looks like the problem continues. But I am certain that something OUTSIDE Adobe Reader has changed, because it affects people who never touched their Adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i'm having the same problem with one of our customer-systems.

He is using Windows 7 x64, Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2014, and some other stuff.

He told me that he has installed one Adobe-Patch last month and then the problems startet.

Repairing Adobe didn't fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the fix from Kapersky labs and let us know the result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the 15.0.0.463 Patch B patch and it did not work.  I then tried KIS 2015 15.0.1.415 F, and that one worked for me.  I no longer have the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2016 Apr 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the correct answer. I had the same problem start a few weeks ago. I updated Kaspersky Anti-virus 2015 as suggested (from 15.0.1.415 to 15.0.2.361) and the problem went away. I was running Adobe Acrobat Professional 8 on Windows 7. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating to KAV 2015 15.0.1.415 fixed the issue for me.

Thanks for all your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The kaspersky update worked for me

Thanks for the support everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. My Kaspersky is 15.0.2.361(c) and Acrobat Reader DC 15.008.20082.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines