• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Abnormal Reader window borders on Windows 11

Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opening Acrobat Reader on Windows 11 I have the normal window borders, can see the close, minimize and expand icons.  When I hover the mouse over that area, the window borders disappear.  I have to click the edge of the window to get it back.  See the examples below, first one is normal and the second is the abnormal window:

reader-normal.png

reader- abnormal.png

This is on a Dell laptop Precision 3560 which was recently upgraded to Windows 11.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

A workaround that appears to solve this is to disable an Adobe Reader security feature.

In Acrobat Reader, menu "Edit" > "Preferences..." > select "Security (Enhanced)" on the left pane and disable the "Run in AppContainer" option. Restart the application and this should be sorted.

I would not call disabling "Run in AppContainer" a "solution", and I hope that this will be resolved by the two companies.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Reader error is described on the 3DConnexion forums at https://forum.3dconnexion.com but has been open for some months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A workaround that appears to solve this is to disable an Adobe Reader security feature.

In Acrobat Reader, menu "Edit" > "Preferences..." > select "Security (Enhanced)" on the left pane and disable the "Run in AppContainer" option. Restart the application and this should be sorted.

I would not call disabling "Run in AppContainer" a "solution", and I hope that this will be resolved by the two companies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. That doesn't fix it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solves it in the multiple reinstallation tests I've run. 

Screenshot 2023-01-03 075432.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be worth uninstalling Adobe Reader, then running their AcroCleaner tool, and also uninstalling the 3DConnexion software. The reboot and install Adobe Reader afresh without the McAfee bloatware, then uncheck the above Adobe option, then reinstall the latest 3DConnexion CADMouse & SpaceMouse Drivers (v10.8.11).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I ran into another issue with the 3dxWare driver. Not able to uninstall/update driver 😞

It was a well-known issue on the version I was using. But I sorted it out after some googling and poking around in the reg-edit.

Updated to the latest 3dxWare driver and ......  finally I got the Acrobat reader to work properly (by disabling "Run in AppContainer"). Thank you guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe and Logitech/3dConnexion must fix the problem.

This solution is a workaround that address the symptom not the problem, and results in a less secure Adobe Reader.

Enjoy the relief from the annoyance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!! It's working fine for now, hopefully adobe/logitech fix the
root problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has to fix this problem! It's their product that doesn't work properly, regaqrdless of what the root cause is. My 3dxWare driver is working just fine, and none of my other apps/programs had such issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess Adobe is not interested in fixing this, as I have just come across the same issue 8 months later. Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @LavaPlanet 

Thanks for sharing the details. Our engineering team is willing to have a small session over the MS team. Would you mind sharing your availability (date and time with time zone) in a private message so we can get the session arranged?

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Amal. I have sent you a PM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Windows 11 and Adobe Acrobat Pro 64-bit. Everthing worked perfectly for over a year. Today I installed my new 3DConnexion Pro Wireless Mouse and Adobe Reader started failing as you all described.

Disabling "Run in AppController" worked for me but I agree, that's not a solution. Hope Adobe and 3DConnexion can solve this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2023 Oct 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug was supposedly fixed in June 2023, but still persists:

• 4389286: When left idle for a long time, a border appears in the Acrobat window

Disabling "Run in AppController" no longer fixes the bug after reinstalling Windows 11 22H2 OS Build 22621.2428 and Adobe Reader Continuous Release Version 2023.006.20360 64-bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has resolved itself on my system. I have Acrobat x64 (latest, not sure when to find version...) and Windows 22H2. Run App in Container is Enabled, no issues with window borders. I believe CC has not long switched to installing x64 Acrobat, I had the window border problem with the x32 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you had to select "Run in AppContainer" then the problem is not resolved. This is a workaround that compromises security.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per my post, I do NOT have 'Run App in Container' disabled.  Disabling this feature was the workaround and security downgrade to avoid the problem.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines