• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat asking where to save a file EVERY TIME

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been bugging me for ages and I haven't ever found a fix.

Why is it that when I open an existing PDF, edit that PDF, and then click save, it ALWAYS asks me where to save it? I just want to override the previous file. 99.999999% of all products I use where I open an existing document, then click save, it automatically saves it to the same location I previously had the document saved to, and it doesn't require me to go in and select where I want to save it.

It makes no sense to me and drives me insane that when I make one small adjustment, I can't just click save and be done with it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

This is a designed behavior, there is no way to default the file location to any particular folder in Adobe Reader.

You can try disabling the protected mode at startup to save a file, however, Protected View feature for PDFs is to keep your computer safe. With Protected Mode enabled, all operations required by Acrobat Reader DC to display the PDF file are run in a restricted manner inside a confined environment, the “sandbox.” For detailed info, refer to Protected View feature for PDFs (Windows), Adobe Reader

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so ridiculous (as is most of Adobe pdf, the most cumbersome program I've ever had the pleasure of using).  Why is there a threat of lack of protection in a global sense for changing one simple feature that is available, as the original poster says, in 99.9999999% of programs?  And buried obscurely in the Preferences section.  What an utter pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree. This feature is designed against humanity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So just to clarify--for ctrl+s to work the way it works in all other software, I have to disable Adobe Reader's primary security feature. That doesn't really sound like a solution, it sounds like there's still a gaping problem with the way things work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I turn off Enable Enhanced Security, it just turns it back on. I don't know how adobe ever got the pdf format embedded in the PC world but it totally sucks! It is a resource HOG and the software engineers must have come from Mars!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just dicovered this same issue. The answer was that it is designed to do this. My question is, if this is a security feature, why don't other Adobe products behave the csame way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines