• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC Fill and Sign - How to change my Signature?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've been trying the Fill and Sign option in Acrobat Pro DC. It asked me my name and created a handwritten image to place as my signature.

Now I can't change it. I can't change the text, can't change it to an image, can't remove it. What if I changed my name, how would I change my signature?

I have seen some posts from a few years ago saying click the '-' next to the signature. These are greyed out and do nothing when I click on them. I can't find anything in the settings.

Does anyone know how to change a Fill & Sign signature?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Dear all,

I had a similar issue; unable to change signature in the Fill & Sign Tool drop down list.

Then I did this:
1. Close Adobe Reader application
2. Microsoft Windows - Go to Local(C) > Users > User(Yours) > AppData> Roaming> Adobe > Acrobat > DC > Security
3. Rename the below files
    reader_fss_signature_initials into XXXreader_fss_signature_initials
    reader_fss_signature_initiali into XXXreader_fss_signature_initiali
    reader_fss_signature_initialk into XXXreader_fss_signature_initialk

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do  you do when you are using a MacBook Pro 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of this works for me.  Two of the signatures I've used in the past come up after I select "Sign", I hoover over the "x" and it pops up "Remove your signature", click on the "x" and nothing happens - it does not work.  None of the workarounds work.  I can not use this product and there is no chat support or number to call.  Pls help if you have a solution.. I am not a MAC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following solution should work for both Mac and PC: 

Go to Acrobat -> Preferences -> Adobe Online Services

Under "E-signing Settings" click "Manage your signing preferences.." 

This will take you to your online Adobe Sign Profile. 

Under "Personal Preferences" -> "My signature" you can delete the exisitng signature and initials and replace it by either drawing, uploading a file, or sending a request to a mobile number to draw it on a cell phone 

NOTE: You must return to Acrobat and close the program. Then restart Acrobat. Make sure you are connected to internet. When you go to the Sign feature, it will take a moment to update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My only way of fixing it was logging out of adobe and back in. Once I logged in, the blue + was there to change the signatures. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is the standard procedure. Should that not work, the above is the "long" way of doing it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2023 here and the problem is not fixed. Does anyone listen in Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just followed the instructions from JBRitter above and they worked!! 

Thank you JBRitter- you are a life saver 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm always thankful for community workarounds. I'm hopeful one day Adobe will have a smoothly working product and staff that replies to community issues promptly. This issue is 3 years old! I'm just running into this "bug" today where I need to update my signature. I'll be deleting the userdata files and see what happens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found something that worked, at least for me.  I had a date in my signature from 2021, and obviously I didn't want that in there anymore.  My initials were blank, however, so I just put my name there and used that instead of my signature.  I then closed Acrobat and reopened it, and lo and behold, my signature line was blank and my signature was in the initials box.  I was also able to delete that as my signature, so they are both open now.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stupid solution but, i just clicked the grey minus sign a bunch of times, and it let me change it.  (equivelant to kicking the thingamabob)

goodluck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Acrobat -> Preferences -> Adobe Online Services

Under "E-signing Settings" click "Manage your signing preferences.." 

This will take you to your online Adobe Sign Profile. 

Under "Personal Preferences" -> "My signature" you can delete the exisitng signature and initials and replace it by either drawing, uploading a file, or sending a request to a mobile number to draw it on a cell phone 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines