• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC Install Fail, Destination Folder Not Empty

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had Acrobat DC on the C: Drive, and removed it. 
Downloaded the Distribution version for Install.
Tried to Install to the equivalent location on D: (I have other apps in Program Files (x86) on D:)

At the Install Verification stage it fails stating that the desitination folder is not empty and 'Please select an empty folder'.
I have been through every possible location I can think of to remove Adobe folders:
C:/Program Files

C:/Program Files (x86)

C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files

C:/ProgramData
C:/Users/username/AppData/Local
C:/Users/username/AppData/Roaming
As well as anything on the D: drive.
I have tried running the Adobe Acro Cleaner, but it won't run because it says there isn't an instance of it to clean up.
I think the error must really mean something different.
I can't think of anything else to try. Ideas anyone?

TOPICS
Download and install , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't seem to be able to edit so my D : is coming out as a sad face. D:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem solved creating installation folder manually (in my case D:\Program files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\). After that lanched the setup and selected folder and sub-folder.

Hope can help You.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, good plan. Thanks. That crossed my mind, don't know why I didn't try it.
I ended up going to a previous version, which was fine.
Clearly there's a bug in the latest install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. How did you go to a previous version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found an older version with which the installation does succeed. For other people with the same issue:

https://www.neowin.net/news/adobe-acrobat-reader-dc-202100520058/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! Your Workaround worked.

After performing a clean install of Win-11 on my Win-10 laptop via my Win-11 DVD, I tried to install Adobe Reader from the full download.

I had the same issue as you. I had changed the installation location to my D drive and kept the install's recommended directory structure location of:

D:\Program Files(x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC

which pre-existed & had old files in it. BANG! CRAP! So I deleted the directory structure starting at Adobe. Retried the install and again it barfed on me. So I recreated the directory structure ...\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC per your advice. The install finally completed and the software launched successfully.

Been aTekHead for almost 40 years, before PC's roamed the earth. I've seen a lot of crap. I certainly did not expect this one from Adobe.

So, as of this date, Adobe still has not fixed that installation bug. It's been almost a year since your post! Shows how much they really care about us. We're not worth the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It helped! Since even the most recent version 2200320314 has this bug, I had to ckeck out your trick. At first, after having run through the entire installetion again, it crashed with "Out of space", highlighting the C: drive!  So I read your post again and guessed creatting the folders and subfolders one by one only when being asked for was not the right way doing it. Rather, creating the entire path <x:\Program files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\> (x: is is my not-C: drive) in the 1st place and just selecting the created subfolders as required did the trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines