• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat lists previously-deleted printers

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Network printers which have been updated out of existence still appear (as default), for some reason adobe runs its own printers cache, no apparent way to clear it.

1.Where does it pull its printers lists? (and default printer for that matter)?

2.How do I clear it?

Along with the protected mode issue this is a nightmare for us, please help.

Thanks in advanced!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the absence of any way to get support from Adobe for what is a serious bug, can Adobe suggest why any of us should use their products at all!

Alternatively perhaps one of those responsible for this bug could actually deign to talk to us and let us have a solution.

Irritated of Essex!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Donchik,

I am sorry for the trouble you had, Adobe Reader is a free software and the support is only available on Forums. If you are facing the above-mentioned issue, please try with the latest patch of Adobe Reader 19.008.20074 Optional update, October 08, 2018 — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products and share your findings so that we can investigate more and assist you in a better manner.

If you have a different query, please share detailed information, we're here to help.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anand,

It is good to see a quick response, to be honest I was not expecting one considering that this issue has cropped up on many previous versions, and OS versions.

I'm running the Reader DC Version 2019.008.20074 on Windows 10-64 Pro

I needed to change my Laser and when I installed the new printer, I deleted from the OS the old printer. Windows has no issue with this, and all the Office programs etc work fine, and have picked up the removal of the old printer, and offer me the new printer. Reader simply shows the old and new printer. Biggest issue is that the old printer remains the Reader default. It looks like Reader is not polling the OS to find valid printers when the Reader is started. Is it has a cache of printers there needs to be a way to force a refresh.

I have tried repair of Reader, and ccleaner to flush any registry errors, but neither fixed the issue.

Can you propose a fix that does not involve installing Beta software.

Thanks,

D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Donchik,

Thank you for sharing the details. have you tried removing the old printers from the PrintManagement and see if this brings any difference.

For testing purpose, create a test user profile with full admin rights and check.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anand,

I have looked under the administrative tools and the print manager does not report the old printer. As I indicated Windows has deleted the old printer, it appears to be exclusively an issue with the Reader keeping a cached copy.

Cheers,

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Don for confirming it. I will consult with the concerned team and will get back to you on this. I have sent you a direct message with certain information, please check your email inbox.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Avia,

We're sorry for the trouble you had, what is the dot version of Adobe Reader installed? To identify, refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Is it a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version?

Have you tried removing Adobe Reader using Acrobat cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs and with the latest version of Adobe Reader 19.008.20074

Let us know how it goes with the latest version and share your findings.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know if you still have any print jobs in the old printer's queue (either partially complete or otherwise pending)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Adobe can't be bothered to resolve this, here's how you remove the deleted printers (you'll need admin privileges):

1. Open registry editor, by pushing Windows Key and 'r', and then entering "regedit" into the field.

2. Navigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers

3. Right click on the deleted printers, and click delete to banish it for good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all heros wear capes... Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, this must only work for specific versions of Adobe. I just did this and yet my adobe still shows all the old printers I got rid of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick check, have you rebooted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2023 Dec 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! It worked a treat. This was driving my other half mental! He had an extra 3 printers in the list all with similar names which no longer exiisted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines