Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader crashes when editing fields

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I have noticed that Acrobat Reader (free version) crashes when clicking on a field in a PDF. However, it doesn't crash if you wait a bit until the "Free 7-day trial" prompt pops up on the bottom left. Only then can you edit the PDFs as normal.

Selecting Menu > Disable new Acrobat Reader seems to fix the problem. I have tried multiple PDFs and the issue only happens with forms that have fillable fields and not static PDFs. Opening Acrobat by itself and then selecting the PDF from the recents list also is a workaround. This issue happens when opening the forms directly.

I am running Windows 10 Pro 22H2. I have tried reinstalling, repairing, disabling security features like Protected View, as well as the various registry edit tweaks discussed in neighbouring threads. Nothing seems to have worked.

Version of Acrobat Reader: the latest January 4th update, 2023.008.20458

Thanks for your help

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines