• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat reader CTRL F highlight color

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to change the color used to highlight results when using control F to search within text? The system default doesn't stand out very well and I often have to hunt for it in small text.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

AFAIK, no.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try a different color for the document text:

Preferences > Accessibility

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work better if you do Edit > Search instead of Edit > Find?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richarda,

As mentioned by try67, it is not possible to change the highlight color results when you use Find to search a text in PDF.

You may try to change the page layout to "Fit to Window width" and then try to use the Find option.

Check if that helps.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, so default find highlight color is blue-gray and can't be changed? Smart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHY in gods name isn't it changeable? Every other program on the plaet does it. I love how Adobe design priority â„–1 with most GUIs is the world is for them to look cool at a glance and not utility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't like your HIGHLIGHT to BLEND IN with things? lol I can't believe you can't change this, this is terrible. I'm going to find a new reader JUST because of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made an account just to complain about this very thing. I look at schematics.

Why would you make a highlight for finding things you can barely see? In all these years no one at the company or anyone complaining got this changed?
Microsoft is as bad. 

There should be graphic/effects/animation options to show where not only 1 instance is but all of them if you want.
Make the highlight larger and flash in some way. Anything would be an improvement. ANYTHING.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has bugged me for a long time. I also view schematics with very small text in tight places. Although it would be much nicer if Adobe would add "Change the highlight color" to the available preferences, I have found a couple of workarounds.

Method 1:

1. Use the Ctrl+K shortcut to view Preferences
  2. Select Accessability
  3. Check the Always use the system selection color box and press the Enter key

This depends on your Windows color scheme, but with default Windows 10 colors, highlights will now show up as white text on a medium blue. This is a slight improvement.

Method 2:

If Method 1 doesn't help enough, this should. It is a little cumbersome, but usable.

2. Select Accessability
  3. Check the Replace Document Colors box
  4. Select High-Contrast colors and Green text on black, then click OK (or press the Enter key)

Now, the search term will show up in a very visible white block on a black background. You can easily switch between the normal colors and high-contrast colors as follows:

2. The Accessability category should still be selected (unless you've changed it)
  3. Check/uncheck the Replace Document Colors box and click OK (or press the Enter key)

I hope this is helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Randy, this is a great workaround.

cheers

Harry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines