• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader DC blank window

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an open blank window that is blocking all of my functions.  I cannot close Acrobat or open any additional documents.   I also cannot re-install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Thanks for the response. I was able to resolve the issue by doing a "force

quit" on the document in my Mac. I think it is a problem with the actual

document.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Handleton

And whats that window is for? Would it be possible for you to share the screenshot with us? https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Is it a blank window during launch or when you tried to open any document stored in Acrobat itself?

If you are working on windows computer, then open Task Manager>Processes> Close all the running Acrobat processes from the list.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. I was able to resolve the issue by doing a "force

quit" on the document in my Mac. I think it is a problem with the actual

document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect!

Glad to hear that guidance has helped a bit and you managed to find the workaround.

Let us know if any further assistance is required.

-Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Akki_24, I am having the same problem as the original poster, and I've also been able to close Reader by Force Quitting through the Activity Monitor (Mac OS 10.13.4 (17E199) ) ... however, this hasn't solved the problem, and I am still unable to load documents.

Initially, when I double-clicked a document from Finder, it would start Reader, but the blank window would pop up on top of everything. I couldn't close that window or do anything else within Reader until I Force Quit the app.

Then I tried opening Reader from the Applications folder, and I was able to load the document I wanted to view.

Today, however, when I just simply open Reader, the blank window pops open and remains on top of all other applications, and I'm not able to get rid of it except by Force Quitting. So, in other words, I can't load any documents at all.

Something interesting to note is that the version I have installed is 18.011.20038.

I decided to try re-installing it, and when I go to download from the Adobe website, the version offered is 18.011.20035, which is older.

I'm going to try deleting version 18.011.20038 so that I can try to install 18.011.20035.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalled 18.011.20038

Tried installing 18.011.20035 and had to clear the trash of 18.011.20038 first.

Was able to install 18.011.20035, but I'm still getting the same problem. Had to force-quite the app in order to use anything else on my computer.

Suggestions please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, any solution?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still nothing. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021 and this issue persists with all the apps. I cannot get ahy app to work and when I close the dialog box it closes the app anyway.

It's on my work account and no access to support as it says to contact my IT guys for help but even they don't know what's happening.

Capture_2.JPG 

Capture._2JPG.JPG

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

was experiencing the same problem until a minute ago. I wish I knew for sure what changed. The main difference I saw was that the app opened on my laptop screen, rather than my external monitor. The same behavior appeared to be taking place, but rather than a white box, I got an upsell ad for Reader Pro. I was able to dismiss the box and use Reader as expected. Upon opening the app again, it appears to work fine, and regardless of how I open it (double-clicking a PDF or opening the app directly).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same problem as others have described, for quite sometime now. However, it only happenes on my laptop and not my desktop. From my laptop, I uninstalled everything adobe cancelecd all previously owned accounts and made sure that only one account was active. Then I reinstalled the newest adobe version that I purchased. Still nothing stops that blank window from taking over my adobe files. I resized that window to its smallest size but the computer would chime whenever I clicked anywhere on the file for editing.

This program is too expensive for me to not be able to use from all pc's as promised. What is adobe stanz on this issue. My laptop is a business tool that goes with me eerywhere I go and if I can't use my pdf's, I can't work. Could this be a laptop issue?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been having the same problem and I think I figured it out. The issue appears to be that Adobe only allows an account to be activated on two devices. If you try to get on the third device it pops up this window and so you cna never actually see what is going on. I just happened to be going through some settings and noticed an old computer was still one of the activated ones. I would recommend checking your activated devices and removing any old ones and then log out of creative cloud on your computer and log back in. Just to note, I did have to check the activated devices here on the Adobe website. That seemed to fix the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines