• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader DC can't read Thai font.

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've found some problems that the Reader couldn't read Thai font (in comment section). I've already installed the Extended Asian Language Pack, but it didn't work. I don't know how to fix it, I've tried to reinstall the program but the problem is still there. Does anyone has any idea? Please give me some suggestion. Thank you!

Fame-BugZ_0-1587967370824.png

TOPICS
Comment markup and annotate , Crash or freeze , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there 

we are sorry for the trouble and the delay in response. It seems like the Thai font is not embedded in the PDF file or its not available/installed on your computer.

Please try the following preferences settings and see if that works

Go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (Mac) > Preferences > Page Display > Under Rendering, Select 'Use local fonts' > Click OK and check

For more information please refer to the help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/pdf-fonts.html)

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Mac Catalina and Adobe Acrobat Reader Version 2020.012.20041.

It seems that this version of Reader cannot handle Thai language at all. Here's part of a document originally edited with Mac Preview:

screenshot 2020-09-23 at 05.21.16.jpg

Here's what that same document part looks like when attempting to edit in Reader:

screenshot 2020-09-23 at 05.16.26.jpg

Here's my preferences for Page Display.

screenshot 2020-09-23 at 05.38.09.jpg

How do I select the font in Reader if I want to enter or edit Thai text? I don't see any place to do that. It's easy in Mac Preview but it seems to be impossible in Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that.

Acrobat supports the entry and display of Thai and Vietnamese text. In Windows only, Arabic and Hebrew are also supported. By default, Right-To-Left Language Options is enabled under Arabic and Hebrew regional settings (in Windows).

For more information please look at the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/asian-cyrillic-right-to-left.html#hebrew_arabic_thai_and_vietn...

Hope this information will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please explain to me how to enable the input of Thai text.

MacOS 10.15.7. Adobe Acrobat Reader 2020.012.20048.

See the screen shots below:

screenshot 2020-09-28 at 17.05.51.jpg

Above, Thai text input is enabled, but if you type, nothing happens. No Thai text appears.

screenshot 2020-09-28 at 17.06.09.jpg

Above, US text input is enabled. If you type, US text appears.

What do I need to do to make Thai text input work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i am taking a guess here... but i believe thai input only works with certain fonts... can you try to select one of the fonts that is compatabile with Thai before typing.

i am having a different issue all together.  I have Adobe Reader Pro DC 64 bit Version 2022.001.20117 .... i have attempted to download the Extended Asian Font Pack.  Each download tells me 
"Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 22.001.20085 or later must be installed before proceeding with this installation"

but i have a later version installed....

what to do ????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines