• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader DC sets a margin of 25mm when I print multiple pages. How can I alter this?

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2015 Dec 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader DC sets a margin of 25mm when I print multiple pages. How can I alter this setting? In Page Setup (within the Print... dialog) the margin settings are shown but greyed out and I can't change them. These are in addition to the margins in the word-processor document I exported as a PDF.

I'll post this, then try printing a PDF from somewhere else to see if matters are any different.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2015 Dec 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tim,

Following links might help with this issue  :

Regards,
Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rahul

Neither of the links quite answered my question, but this one: Re: Adobe Reader X 10.1.19 margins disabled gave me a clue to try looking at my printer's settings – it's an HP Envy 5330. I tried setting borderless to On, and just tried again to print my A5 booklet from Reader DC. It printed just right!

I think the margin was imposed by my printer (I had had a similar issue printing from LibreOffice) and the greyed-out 25mm margin setting made me think it was added by Reader. I'm going to seek further info from HP.

Can anyone confirm to me: Those margin settings in Print, Page Setup don't do anything and shouldn't be shown at all!

Thanks for your help,

Tim Woodcock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to adjust the margins when creating a .pdf file

This procedure was used when converting an Excel table into a PDF file. I believe it would work equally well in a Word document.

There are several steps but these are quite simple. First open the file from which you want to create a .pdf. Then highlight the area of the file that you want to include in the .pdf and right click/Copy.

Then go through the following steps by clicking on the various headings :-

File

Print

Expand ‘”Print Active Sheets and select Print Selection

Set required orientation (Portrait or Landscape)

Expand the last box at the bottom of the section under Settings.

Select Fit all columns on one page

Click on Page Setup at the bottom of the section.

In the Page Setup that appears, click on Margins. Set the margins and then press OK.

Go to left hand side of window and select Save as Adobe PDF

Click on Selection under Conversion Range and then Convert to PDF at the bottom of the window.

Say Yes to the statement that AcrobatPDFMaker needs to save the file

Give the file a name and save to whatever folder you chose.

Bingo you have a .pdf

If your selection doesnt quite fit, try adjusting the margins in Excel again and/or, you can try Fit all rows on one page

Hope this works for you

DG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How should this help users of Acrobat Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but for me, I need to print PDF created by matrix teams; in other words, it is a challenge to ask them to change their margin. Is it possible to adjust the margins of an already created PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Echoing the user above. Procedure for adjusting margins of a PDF I have been sent. Margins are set at 1 inch which wastes a lot of space, how to reduce them to 0.5 inch or whatever I need or whatever my printer can handle. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines