• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat reader does accept image formats but only .pdf while importing graphic for digital signature

New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community, I am using Acrobat Reader DC (Version 2021.001.20155)

When I try to assign a graphic to my digital signature, I get to choose only .pdf files and not image files such as .png, .jpeg etc (See attached image).   The signature image needs to have transparent background so that it does not hide the logo. Although I managed to create a pdf file of the signature image with a transparent background (long process), it would have been better if I had an option to choose .png file directly.  Can we expect an update on this?

Adobe_help.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Security digital signatures and esignatures , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

When you use Adobe Acrobat you can use image files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to replace the image in the question. Here is a better version.  Adobe_help.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you use Adobe Acrobat you can use image files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernd Alheit,

Thank you so much for your reply and it is very helpful. Acrobat Pro DC does support several formats including .png. I was using Acrobat Reader DC free version. I have a pro version too but somehow I missed to check there earlier.

Nonetheless, I still wonder if it is intentional to keep this option exclusive to Acrobat Pro DC or it is just missed to be included in free version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is the latter. It used to only be possible to only select PDF files in earlier versions of Reader when selecting an icon for a button field, but now you can select image files, too. I think this feature was just left out from that upgrade, since it doesn't make much sense not to allow it in one place and allow it elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, if you import a PDF-"Signature File" in Adobe Acrobat Reader to create a Digital Signature, the signature will never be transparent?

If so, then please inform people in the documentation or directly in Adobe Acrobat Reader when adding the signature file as a PDF that transparent signatures will only work with the Pro version - really frustrating not to be informed at all...

Thx&Cheers,

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader supports transparent signatures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How? Where's the manual for Adobe Acrobat Reader v2022?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never seen a manual for this version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what about the latest "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC"?

But then again, from which version are you talking about ("Acrobat Reader supports transparent signatures.")? And could you drop the weblink to the manual?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"And could you drop the weblink to the manual?"

I have never seen a manual for Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can you tell that "Acrobat Reader supports transparent signatures" if you can't prove it or show us how it works? sorry to say, but you are acting like a bot - not very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can use transparent signatures in Acrobat Reader. Use a PDF file with a transparent signature. Have you tried it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm gonna ask somewhere else, you're lacking of professionalism - thank you for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree with you so unprofessional - I've downloaded and checked latest version for one of my users and no joy, but the fact I have pro on mine means I can complete the task for me.  So far adobe it's only moving people away from you as most have gone sod it I'll use word and save it as pdf. The cost for most users of Adobe is stupid when so many other suites offer saving as pdf heck even google docs you can download and print as pdf.  The subscription process is stupid and greedy - Students and Education staff are the only one's whom can really benefit and once finished they have to find another solution.  Shame as I liked a lot of Adobe features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

found solution, I had a copy of acrobat professional on my own PC and created the signature for my colleague with her graphic you know the standard procedure of preferrances and create appearance and import graphic from file. on comleting and saving I then went to 

"C:\Users\(yourusername)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\Security\appearances.acrodata" and copied the appearances.acrodata to their user area using the above path of course and it worked fine. Hope that helps..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines