Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat reader doesn't install on windows 10

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Installation of Acrobad Reader that is retrieved via https://get.adobe.com/reader/ keeps failing on windows 10 - pro version 22H2 - 19045.2546.

Installer indicates that already a newer version was installed. As shown below. I ussed Adobe cleaning tool ; reinstalled it but always the same result. 

bad24895-8b3c-454d-8573-5f578d07e307.png

I updated C++ redistributions as adviced in some post but no improvement.

I digged deeper an found from log  that the setup program return an error code. When starting the setup manual I got the error below

adobe-error-2.png

The message says there are not enough rights (even running as admin) but the fact is that directory doesn't exists. So why does the installer tries to access it?  I came around the next post

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/acrobat-2019-update-fails-on-windows-10/m-p/10338...

According to that one a windows issues ones existed but should be solved as the system is running on more recent release

I spent many hours and still acrobate reader didn't install. What can be the issue and more important how can this be solved?

Does anyone has an idea?

Thanks, Dirk

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

<moved from download&install>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines