Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader is not using the Windows default mail app

Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default mail app on the computer is the Mail app from Windows itself.

I have no idea why in Acrobat Reader in the 'Edit > Preferences > Email accounts' it says 'Default mail application (Microsoft Outlook)'

In no way I can change it to use the Windows Mail app. I don't want it to open the PDF as an attachment in Outlook but in the Windows Mail app

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Share or review PDFs , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Hi there

The MS Mail application is not supported in Acrobat/Reader DC application. For more information about supported applications, please check the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/compatible-web-browsers-pdfmaker-applications.html#main_PDFMaker_compatible_applications

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings, 

It is much easier to comprehend the issue after you have explained it in more detail.

It is the behaviour of the design. Microsoft Outlook is Adobe Acrobat Reader DC's default email client. Follow the steps shared in the video link above to change your email client from Outlook to the default mail application on your system.

If you need more assistance, please let us know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,
After you have given a more thorough explanation of the problem, it is much simpler to understand.
It is the way the design behaves. The default email client for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is Microsoft Outlook. To switch from Outlook to the system's default mail client, follow the instructions in the video linked above.
Please let us know if you require any other help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I'm planning a two-day event with 80 people and different workshops. As a result, the objective is to purchase either the engaged or professional account. However, I am concerned about the participation cap. What do you mean by that? Given the number of sessions we'll be hosting, these 80+80 people will have access to the Sli.do event several times (most likely on the same device). Because logging in is not necessary to view Sli.do events; I'm curious how you count participation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your kind and useful work

Buy WWE Replica bets and Side Plates | wwebelts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Thanks for clarifying the issue in more detail. It makes it easier to understand.

Design behavior is what it is. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC defaults to Microsoft Outlook as its email client. Follow the steps in the video link earlier to change your email client from Outlook to your default mail application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The more detail you provide, the easier it is to understand the issue.

Design behaviour is what it is. The default email client is Outlook Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Refer to the video link earlier for instructions on switching from Outlook to your default mail application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no default mail application for Windows in Acrobat Reader

The Mail app from Windows is the default mail application on the computer.
When I click on 'Edit > Preferences > Email accounts' in Acrobat Reader, it says 'Default mail application (Microsoft Outlook).'
I cannot change it to use the Windows Mail app Rather than opening the PDF as an attachment in Outlook, I want it to open in Windows Mail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no default mail app for Windows in Acrobat Reader.

Windows Mail app is the default mail app on the computer.

In Acrobat Reader, I see 'Default mail application (Microsoft Outlook)' under 'Edit > Preferences > Email accounts'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat Reader, there is no default mail application for Windows.

On the computer, the Mail application comes with Windows by default.

Acrobat Reader's 'Edit > Preferences > Email accounts' menu displays the 'Default mail application (Microsoft Outlook).'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is simpler to comprehend the problem the more information you supply.

It is design behavior as such. Outlook is the default email program, along with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. For information on switching from Outlook to your default mail program, see the video link provided previously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader does not utilise the built-in mail client for Windows.
The Mail app from Windows itself is the computer's default mail programme.
Why it reads "Default mail programme (Microsoft Outlook)" in Acrobat Reader's "Edit > Preferences > Email accounts" is a mystery to me.
There is absolutely no way I can make it use the Windows Mail app. I want the PDF to open in the Windows Mail app instead of Outlook as an attachment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you have explained the issue in more detail, it is much easier to comprehend.
This is the behavior of the design. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC uses Microsoft Outlook as its default email client. You can change your email client from Outlook to the default mail application on your system by following the steps in the video link above.
Do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you orbeez gun and wwe belts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default mail app for Windows is not used by Acrobat Reader.

Microsoft's Mail app is the default mail app on the computer.
In Acrobat Reader, under 'Edit > Preferences > Email accounts,' it says 'Default mail application (Microsoft Outlook).'
The Windows Mail app cannot be changed in any way. Instead of opening the PDF in Outlook, I want it to open in Windows Mail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Reader does not use Windows' default mail application

A computer's default mail app is the Mail app from Windows itself.
'Edit > Preferences > Email accounts' in Acrobat Reader says 'Default mail application (Microsoft Outlook).'
I cannot change it to use Windows Mail. It should open the PDF as an attachment in Windows Mail instead of Outlook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Reader does not use Windows' default mail application.

Windows Mail app is the default mail app on the computer.
When I select 'Edit > Preferences > Email accounts' in Acrobat Reader, it says 'Default mail application (Microsoft Outlook).'
The Windows Mail app cannot be changed in any way. Windows Mail should open the PDF instead of Outlook as an attachment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows' default mail application is not used by Adobe Acrobat Reader

Mail is the default mail app on the computer.
In Acrobat Reader, under Edit > Preferences > Email accounts, it says 'Default mail application (Microsoft Outlook).'
Unfortunately, I cannot change it to use the Windows Mail app. In the Windows Mail app, not Outlook, I want the PDF to open as an attachment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Acrobat Reader does not use the default mail application on Windows

Windows Mail app is the default mail application on the computer.
In Acrobat Reader, under Edit > Preferences > Email accounts, it says 'Default mail application (Microsoft Outlook)'.
I cannot make it use the Windows Mail app. It should open the PDF in Windows Mail instead of Outlook

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader does not use the default mail application on Windows.

On a computer, Windows Mail is the default mail application.
'Edit > Preferences > Email accounts' in Acrobat Reader displays 'Default mail application (Microsoft Outlook).
The Windows Mail app cannot be changed in any way. The PDF should open in the Windows Mail app instead of Outlook as an attachment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat Reader, there is no default mail application for Windows.

Windows Mail application is the default mail application on the computer. Acrobat Reader says 'Default mail application (Microsoft Outlook)' when I click 'Edit > Preferences > Email accounts'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader does not utilise the built-in mail client for Windows.

The Mail app from Windows itself is the computer's default mail programme.

Why it reads "Default mail programme (Microsoft Outlook)" in Acrobat Reader's "Edit > Preferences > Email accounts" is a mystery to me.

There is absolutely no way I can make it use the Windows Mail app. I want the PDF to open in the Windows Mail app instead of Outlook as an attachment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default mail app on Windows is not used by Acrobat Reader

On the computer, the Mail app from Windows is the default mail client.

In Acrobat Reader, under Edit > Preferences > Email accounts, it says 'Default mail application (Microsoft Outlook)'.

The Windows Mail app cannot be changed in any way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2023 Jul 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I have no trouble switching the default mail client. My argument is that, despite the fact that Microsoft Outlook is not my default email client, Acrobat Reader claims it is. My computer's settings have the Mail app set to be the default mail client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank for orbeez gun and wwe belts 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2024 Mar 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Mail app from Windows itself is the computer's default mail application.

Why it states 'Default mail application (Microsoft Outlook)' under 'Edit > Preferences > Email accounts' in Acrobat Reader is beyond me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines