• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader Log-In Page Would Not Let Me Quit Or Even Re-Boot Mac

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat Reader App on Mac, sometimes it brings up an Adobe log-in dialog box to require me to log in again. I found that when that page comes up, you cannot force Quit Acrobat Reader. You Cannot Choose to Restart Mac from the Apple Icon (Top Right). You cannot press and hold down the power button reboot, it just goes to the Apple desktop and bounces back. Somehow the Adobe Log-In Dialog Box in the Adobe Reader App hijacks the whole Mac.  Good thing I could find and enter my password for Adobe Reader. But it definitely should not do this. An important Heads Up to Adobe Users. Adobe, please correct this. I will bring this to the attention of Apple too.  Thanks,

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ontario1 

Thank you for reporting this to us, and sorry to hear about the trouble caused.

Top open/view pdf file, Adobe Acrobat Reader should not ask for login information unless the files are saved on the cloud location.

Also, ensure that Acrobat Reader is not paid for Acrobat Pro, which asks for sign-in details because both look identical. 

Run this cleaner tool to remove the existing installer and application’s file traces:

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html

Download the Acrobat Reader installer from here:

https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Akanchha.

It definitely was the Adobe Acrobat Reader app on my MacBook that has this issue.

And yes, I do have some files stored on the Adobe cloud. 

It is acceptable for the app to request a user to log in.

However, it is not acceptable for Adobe Acrobat Reader to not allow a user to cancel out of the dialog box and close the app as it did for me.  Could Adobe look into this and correct this?

I am a bit reluctant to click on the links you provided (even though it says you are an Adobe employee), but in going to adobe.com, there is some instructions on removing the apps. It would be beneficial for people if Adobe had some explicit area on the site that had the instructions / links for removal, so folks would know it was legitimate. Then you could just refer people there if they were too cautious to hit the links in your posts.

For downloading Adobe Acrobat Reader, I had followed the instructions on the Adobe.com website and gone to the same link name you provided above but without the /enterprise. (I am just an individual user.)

I still believe there may be something wrong with the app causing this issue with the dialog box if you don't wish to log in. But now that I have taken the time to log in and it is working, I don't want to take a chance that more things go wrong or that my stored files somehow get cleaned away too by mistake.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines