• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader stealing focus from full screen applications (games) for no apparent reason.

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An app was randomly and misteriously taking focus from my games, my games would minimize and I would have to alt-tab back to them. The event doesn't happen often, but it's still annoying. I think it only happens once per windows boot.

I found tool, to help my identify when programs switch focus. It would print the Process ID, Full Path, and Time for each focus switch on windows. Then you would wait for the event to happen, note the time, and look at the log for the closest timestamp. (Program from HappyDriod.com/focus)

After running it in the background for a few sessions, I identified Acrobat Reader as the culprit. I didn't open Acrobat Reader to begin with, it was closed, and has been closed for that windows session until that moment in time. And which game I'm playin

The line would look something like this:

3368:C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.exe | Tue Nov 05 09:14:18 2019

My guess is it's opening to check for updates. I checked for updates manually and it seems to be fully updated. This is my version: 19.021.20049

I'm currently running Windows 10, version 1903, build: 18362.449 (64-bit)

Nvidia Drivers: 436.48

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also happening on Win7 Ultimate as well.  Uninstall is only fix for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this problem with 1 Windows 10 Home x64 PC and 2 Windows 10 Pro x64 PCs (these were new builds).

Focus is lost after 5 to 10 mins from boot if a full screen game is running (only appears to happen once per boot, but always happens within 5 to 10 mins).

Focus loggers do not appear to correctly identify what has taken focus during these events (SearchUI is usually identified).

Disabling Acrobat auto update did not appear to stop the issue, uninstall seems only solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can definitely confirm this.

It cost me 3 hours to find out Adobe Reader was the culprit. After each boot, games were minimized 1-20 minutes, and only once. 

With process explorer I managed to find out that AcroRd32.exe was responsible for stealing focus.

I have tried so many other things, only uninstalling Acrobat worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New release is out today-

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousdec2019.htm...

If you do not have latest version installed yet, you can try manual check for updates from Help menu.

Please let us know if issue is fixed after installing latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of 6:43 pm EST, there is no update.  Version 2019.021.20058 has been the version for the past month, going from when I posted this problem myself on 11/10/2019.  I was told weeks ago that there would be an update, and it never showed up, as evidenced by the lack of the version number changing in the past month.  So, is there going to be an update or not, and at what precise date and time will it be released?  Or is this supposed patch vaporware?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the list of released versions with respective release dates-

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

If you have Version 2019.021.20058, it means that your product has been updated automatically today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the same exact version that has been up for a month, unless that version number is just a useless name.  That version number has not changed, and so there have been no updates to that program.  It should read "2019.021.20059" or something else higher-numbered and different than "2019.021.20058".

Two possibilities exist here:

1)  You're telling me there's been not one, but two updates, but the version number "2019.021.20058" has not been changed, which is completely shady and unethical software practice in any business.
OR
2)  You're telling me there's been two updates, but no updates have been released.

So, which is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here in Adobe Reader, i think i can open and read the full documentation of Minion Rush Mod APK without hurdle. Thanks for such an awesome tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines