• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat IX, Disappearing Menu and Windows Title Bar.

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is similar to a post by another user:  Case of the disappearing Acrobat X Pro Toolbars

with the following differences:

1.  I do not have Kapersky or any other anti-virus software on my PC. 

2.  I have tried right clicking on the application and tried all compatibility modes without success.

PC Details:

Win7

HP-DV7000 with Intel HD Graphics and NVIDIA card (dual monitor setup)

Adobe Acrobat IX Standard

I do not load software regularly on my machine, and do not use Acrobat frequently enough to know when the issue first occurred, other then within the past few months.

Here is a screenshot of the missing Windows Title Bar

Here is a screenshot of a jumbled Acrobat toolbar:

F9 does restore/toggle the menu bar, but moving the cursor around/near the menu bar causes the Windows title and Acrobat menu bar to disappear.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

As per the description above, the Menu and Windows Title bar is missing in Acrobat Standard 11, Is that correct?

Please repair  the installation file of Acrobat Standard 11 from Help>Repair Installation.

Also, check for any pending updates as well from Help>Check for Updates.

You may also try to run the Acrobat Standard 11 in compatibility mode, right+click on the Acrobat application and under Compatibility > choose run this program Windows XP.

Hope this helps, and keep us posted with the results.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try the above suggestion to solve the disappearing Windows Title bar on Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (ARDC) (64bit core version 22.256 / version 22.001.20117.0) but did not change a thing. The Windows Title Bar still automatically disappears when the mouse pointer is moved somewhere else in the screen.

ARDC panel sticks in the position, and can only be moved after clicking either Home or Tool tab so the Windows Title bar will appear again allowing the ARDC panel to be resized, moved, closed. and etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same behavior here. Pressing F9 has become a standard process which really sucks and only works just for the moment. In my case I identified the program 3DxService.exe from 3Dconnexion as the reason but I don't want to blame it alone. ARDC had the same problem with another program called "Hardcopy" in the past. If I terminate the 3DxServices.exe eveything works fine but I need it for my CAD mouse...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem, here is a shortcut I made (until they fix this huge problem). Open Adobe Acrobat DC, Click on your 3Dconnexion CAD mouse properties button, and select properties, set a macro for F9 like your wheel button. So when this happens you have a quick on the mouse solution to make the menu bar re-appear. It sucks, but it'll do because this microsoft surface keyboard requires me to press FN to use my F keys, the macro is quicker. Good luck! And Adobe fix this, some of us use ACDC <-- (I see what you did there) multiple times in a day and its already a hard enough battle to keep EDGE from wanting to be my default PDF viewer, this new problems adds insult to injury.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kevin25695087wfuy_0-1677259219971.png

I think I found the issue, if smart scroll is enabled Adobe freaks out.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines