• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 64bit cannot print after Jan update

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing Jan update, the Acrobat Reader 64-bit cannot print any document. However, when I de-install and then install 32-bit version. It has no problem. 

A lot of people in my group are using 64bit version. Anyone know what happen?

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Hi there,

Please try to update the application to the recent version 22.1.20085 from the help menu > check for updates and reboot the computer once and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Reader and Acrobat for 10 years now and i don't count anymore how often this security setting was the reason for problems and crashes already. Just look here the problem with SAP not so long ago : https://www.borncity.com/blog/2020/11/13/adobe-reader-dc-sicherheitsupdate-nov-2020-verursacht-probl...

The Workaround was(is?) the same as now.

So if you have problems with Adobe Reader in the future -> disable the protected mode first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this worked for us at my company.

I just told people to restart the application if you want it to work as well.

Clint

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming your PC is running Windows 10, try setting your Acrobat Acrobat Reader to compatibility mode (Windows 7). 

1. Locate/go to your Adobe Acrobat Reader file location.
  2. Right click the application icon (exe file).
  3. Click Properties.
  4. Select the Compatibility tab.
  5. Compatibility mode: Tick the box (Run this program in compatibility mode for).
  6. Select Windows 7.
  7. Click OK.

Hope this helps.

EE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried this method. It works. However, I think this should be a bypass, right? Will release permanent fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it seems so.

I am hoping for Adobe to release a proper/permanent fix soon as well.

EE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks EE. Saw the same workaround on Reddit. This shouldnt be marked as a solution though. Its a workaround. We need an Adobe patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree. This should be a workaround instead of correct answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to there is still no fix and there are always problems with Adobe Reader we decided to install another free PDF Reader on every client in our company. Works like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chiming in here as we're seeing this on a number of Adobe Acrobat Reader x64 installations since. The "workaround" to get Acrobat printing again for us is the temporary disabling on enhanced protection. Since that's not only a total pain, but also scares me security wise, our workaround has been to advise users open PDFs via Chrome instead.

A few things though:

- Can't tell is this is a new issue as of 21.011.20039 (released Jan 11, 2022) or if this is a new problem after some installations are being forced from the 32bit version to x64.

- I watched a new 32bit install change to x64 in a matter of minutes following an installation with a "Congratulations, you've been upgraded" message. Subsequently breaking printing that was briefly working in 32bit.

- I can't seem to determine when/why the x64 upgrade happens. I have two machines on the exact same Windows 10 build and one was forced to x64 while the other remains on 32bit with the latest release 21.011.20039

- Does anyone have any comment on whether the advice of using Chrome to tempoararily open PDFs is just as bad security wise as Acrobat with enhanced protection off? Does Chrome have some sandboxing / mitigations in place?

@alexanders20080551 I totally agree with you and am just as frustrtated. What viewer did you end up switching to and any reason Chrome doesn't do the trick for you? Or just need a few enhanced viewing tools that Chrome doesn't provide?

- Is the full version of Acrobat impacted? We only run Acrobat Pro 2016 on some machines and haven't seen this behaviour (yet). We don't run Acrobat Standard or Pro DC. So maybe this is why we don't seemt o have a problem on those machines

- Does anyone know if Adobe is aware and/or working on this issue? Anyone have an active ticket?

Thansk all! Tossing my hat in this Adobe ring of furstration as well. 

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working with Adobe programmers on the problem. I have a good feeling this will be fixed soon. They know what the problem is and have tried a few unsuccessful updates to the programming. They are taking logs and are using all tools available to getting this fixed fast. I do have a ticket with Adobe

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic, thanks so much for the update @Frank22697545bovt . If there is anything I can do to assist in the process or if they need any additional logs from other installations please feel free to reach out.

Glad to hear that it is acknowledged and being worked on. 

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the delay in response and to keep you waiting.

Do you have TrendMicro security software installed on your system? If yes, please try to update it and make sure you have the latest version installed and reboot the computer once and check.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

thanks for the update.

We have indeed TrendMicro security software running our systems. I just updated it and rebooted.

However the issue still persists.

Let me know, If you need any Information like agent-version or component-versions.

Best regards,

Felix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Felix,

Would you mind sharing the version of the Trendmicro security software installed in your system?

Also, try to turn off/remove the security software from your system  for testing purpose only and try again to prinr from Adobe Acrobat and check.
Note: Please turn on/reinstall the secuirty software to avoid any security risks.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Amal,

We have Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security Standard running on all impacted workstations. I've confirmed that the issue does NOT occur when Trend Micro is turned off. This only seems to be an issue after being upgraded to 64bit Acrobat Reader. The 32bit version works with Trend Micro WFBS turned on.

I've included the version information in the attached image. Interesting find!

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I can confirm, that if I turn off the TrendMicro WFBS printing works fine.

Agent-Version is: 20.0.2100, Hotfix-History: Patch2274, Patch2190.

Do you need more information about the version, like version of specific components of the the TrendMicro WFBS?

Best regards,

Felix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of WFBS do you have? I am on the server version 10.0 SP1 and I dont see a higher version. I will have to call Trend Micro

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Some information from my company. We have about 70 PC's and about 10 of them has the same issue with printing. Printer properties window also does not appear. My workaround was to install older version and blocking updates. We are also using Trend Micro (Apex One), so it may be compability issue between this apps like in your case.
We are waiting for Adobe update.

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also running on the server version 10.0.2274 SP1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also running TrendMicro ApexOne. Client version is 14.0.9120

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Support,

Are there any update on this issue? Any hints that this problem can be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its just a shame. That issue/thread started on 13th Jan. It took until 1st Feb that an Adobe employee mentioned that they are working on it and will be fixed soon. Now its the 16th Feb and still no fix nor any response by Adobe. But to be honest thats what i already used to by Adobe. Also with Illustrator and InDesign after every update.

As mentioned before, we deinstalled Adobe Reader on all our clients and using Chrome or Edge to view and print PDFs. Chrome has also good security due to its Sandbox and Edge is linked with Defender and should be also safe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have trend Micro anti-virus it needs to be uninstalled for Adobe to work.

Frank Kasper

[P.I removed by Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think anyone needs Acrobat Reader that bad that they would ditch thier security product wholesale.

I'm with @alexanders20080551 on this one, I was only begrudgingly installing Acrobat Reader because it allows signtaures to be palced on files and a few very very very minor other features. In reality in can be ditched in favour of Chrome.

Yes we use Trend Micro, but no, I'm not uninstalling ti and moving to another product. Adobe can be shown the door on this one, it was probably about time anyhow.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Frank22697545bovtdont get me wrong but why do you repeat this "workaround"? 1. We knew that already as it was mentioned some days before already in this thread. 2. This is NO solution. What comes next? "Please uninstall Microsoft Office that Adobe Reader is working" ??
Adobe updated their software and since the latest update it leads to troubles with Trendmicro. So who made the mistake? Not Trendmicro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines