Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Automatic Updates not working

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have installed Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (32 bit) and with the option to automatic install updates.

I've also changed the registry flag in order to check for the updates daily. I've made this change about 1 week ago, but from that point forward Adobe didn't update to the new version.

I've got version 21.011.20039 installed, but there is the version 22.001.20085 available.

Any way that I can figure out why it is not updating?

Thanks

TOPICS
Download and install , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Hi David,

Please enable Updater verbose logging (search this forum for iLogLevel registry value and related instructions)

Wait 4 hours, collect AdobeARM.log file from User Temp folder and send me this file in the private message.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Please enable Updater verbose logging (search this forum for iLogLevel registry value and related instructions)

Wait 4 hours, collect AdobeARM.log file from User Temp folder and send me this file in the private message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leo

Can you please provide instructions to do this? Searching the forum I came across https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-discussions/adobe-reader-dc-automatic-updates-not-work...

However, the registry key I'm after doesn't exist in that folder on Registry Editor. I'm running Windows 11 (64-bit).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to add this registry value exactly as the link you found describes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says "Set iLogLevel REG_DWORD value to 1 in the registry below". Nothing about that implies making a new key. Maybe an update is in order to make it clearer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In any case, I added the key (I assume it creates a new folder) and I set whatever was there (default) to 1. I cannot open C:\Windows\Temp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not a key, it is registry value.

Here are the instructions to enable Updater verbose logging-

Set iLogLevel REG_DWORD value to 1 in the registry below

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe\Adobe ARM\1.0\ARM on 64 bit OS

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Adobe ARM\1.0\ARM on 32 bit OS

Log file called AdobeARM.log and can be found in the User Temp folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to be clearer - how do I create a registry value? I'm not a mind reader so don't know how to achieve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is Google search link for "how to add registry value"

how to add registry value - Google Search

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've already sent out the log file you've request.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem for over a week. I saw there is an issue with some proxy servers downloading the update, and a ftp:// link was provided. However, going to it didn't achieve much - I couldn't access it.

Even downloading a fresh copy of Adobe Reader doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines