Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Error (507:507)

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Recently we've had users complaining of getting a pop-up when trying to open PDF's our of our banking software. The PDF's are being generated from a software called Episys Quest and I believe that program uses Symform PDF specifically to generate the PDF files (I could be wrong on the Symform part though.)

We are running Windows 10 Version 1903 OS Build 18362.1139 along with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Version 2020.013.20064.

The problem has been occuring for aproxmately a week and the only thing we've changed internally recently is we switched everyone's default browser from Internet Explorer 11 to Microsoft Edge (Chrome Edition).

I've read other people stating that this error is caused from Protected Mode being enabled, but we push out a registry key that disables Protected Mode in Adobe for all of our users as this was a requirement from the Vendor we get the Episys Quest software from. I also double-checked the people complaining of this issue to make sure Protected Mode was still disabled and it was. I know ocastionally Adobe will do an update and create a new key and we have to update Group Policy so that these settings are being pushed to the new registry key, but this wasn't the case.

Does anyone know what might be causing this issue and how to remedy it?  Please let me know if there is any additional information that I could provide to assist in troubleshooting this issue.

Thank you!

TOPICS
PDF and browsers , PDF forms , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi 
we have the same problem right now.

Did you find a solution ?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are getting the error 507:507

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 21.05.20048 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates

This error comes up when there is another instance of Acrobat Reader running in the background. Please try to reboot the computer once and check if that helps. 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines