• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Force Installs Mcafee Software

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded and installed Adobe Acrobat Reader DC just a few minutes ago. There was absolutely NO option to download without the McAfee Secure Connect and Scanner software bundled - only the option for the Chrome Plugin. Installer started, and it force installed the McAfee software, without my consent.

Yes, I could uninstall both McAfee products that were force installed (and I did), however, this is beyond an agregious act by Adobe. How the f%^k do you think you have the right to install additional software without *explicit* consent?  And no, some deeply buried blurb in your T&C's for downloading Adobe Reader don't count.

SMH.

TOPICS
Download and install , PDF and browsers , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to state the free Reader alternatives you've tried or liked?

I don't know if that will get the post censored, but I'm curious.

I just tried the link again and it gave me the checkbox in both scenarios.

I can't tell if tying arrangement is intentional or a glitch or what, but Adobe's response that it depends on location doesn't override the fact that nobody's told in these instances that another program is being installed without their knowledge or permission. I don't see how geolocation overrides federal law. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 05, 2024 Jul 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I want to say I found one, but I have not. I don't use the free Reader because I use Acrobat's indexing feature many times a day, and I have not found another application that will do that. PDFify is okay for opening a PDF and doing OCR -- a bit better than Acrobat, actually -- and it can delete pages and save, but it doesn't even have an internal search feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines