• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader dc unable to connect to my Gmail and other email account

Engaged ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In having searched online including this forum, I have as yet been able to figure out why (not unlike so many others) I have been unable to connect to my Gmail or another email account from Adobe Reader dc to attach and send a PDF file attachment using the send file by email menu item or icon. For whatever reason, whenever I try to sign in, I receive a display window stating 'Couldn't sign you in. This browser or app may be insecure' followed by the Adobe Reader message 'Authentication failed. Please verify your user name and password'. Believe me when I say I have tried virtually every suggestion I have read to date regarding this issue and nothing has worked to resolve this matter. Ironically, I have no problem opening my Gmail, Thunderbird, or server email account, attaching a PDF, and sending the email to the party intended as this works without fail each and every time. Ironically, I recall about 14 years ago using Acrobat (I believe version 6) that I was somehow able to use a method to open my then email account with a PDF file attachment already attached thereto from inside Acrobat and then send it without any issues whatsoever. While I resorted to sending PDFs over the last 10 plus years in opening my email account first and then selecting and attaching a PDF to the email, I would now prefer using the send email icon provided in Adobe reader dc to accomplish the same task. I should also state that I am by no means a newbie but rather one well versed in designing/developing interactive PDF forms in Acrobat Pro since 1993. After telling you this, you would think this should not be an issue but for whatever reason, I cannot seem to figure out the source of this problem and it's driving me nuts. If anyone on the forum has experienced and been able to solve this problem, to say I would appreciate knowing the solution is an understatement. Thank you ahead of time.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF and browsers , PDF forms , Share or review PDFs , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, I recently realized that I am able to use the send email icon provided in Adobe Reader if and when I enter my website email address whereby I can send an email from Adobe reader to my email address containing a brief message along with the PDF file attachment open to view in Adobe Reader. Now I am really confused as I was under the impression that the send email provision would allow me to open/activate my Gmail account with the PDF already attached thereto whereby all that's left is to enter the recipient's email address to whom the email is to be sent. Am I missing something here as this doesn't appear to be the case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, but in regard to my previous email, it's the 'share this file with others' icon that I got to work. This noted, the 'send file by email' icon still remains an unresolved issue as explained in my initial post. Any comments/suggestions regarding this subject matter, thank you ahead of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines