• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader Error Security lock: Does not allow connection with ...

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

From today when trying to open a PDF file located in a network folder, acrobat reader gives me the following error: Error Security lock: Does not allow connection with ... (my route).

I have looked at the security privileges and I have full control over the documents in this folder. If I try to open the documents from another PC it works without any error. I have reviewed the security options of the program and it seems that everything is fine. I've also relisted the software and it's still the same. Any idea what it could be?

Thank you.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ernestb42049457,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please let me know the following to better debug the issue at your end.

1. If you place any other type of file like text or word file in the network location where problem is faced , are you able to open it properly?
  2. Is this network location different than the network location from where the PDF file is opened properly?
  3. If yes in point 2 then what is the difference?
  4. Your OS details and the network location and server details.

Thanks,

Shakti K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thanks for answering,

1. I only have problems opening PDF documents, if I open other files I do not have any errors.

2. The location of the files is exactly the same as where the PDF documents are. If I try to access the same route with a different PC it works without problems.

3. I have reinstalled Adobe Acrobat Reader and the problem has not been solved.

4. I have made a downgrade to the 2015 version and the problem has been solved, but I would like to continue using the latest version of the software ...

5. OS details: Windows 7 Enterprise Service Pack 1 64bit

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the same issue. Maybe my description can help to solve this. I use adobe acrobat reader for years now and suddenly with no other changes, except that the reader has made an update, it will not open pdf-files from the network (PDF file is saved on another PC in the network).

It says "Adobe Acrobat does not allow connection with: smb://....". When I click enter to close the message box, it doesn’t close immediately, I have to click the OK-button like 6 times then a new message box appears which says that a problem occurred while opening the document "you have no permission".

Using Windows 7 64bit.

Greetings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had this problem for a client who uses redirected folders. Their network domain name was set to 'Always Block' in Adobe Reader's Trust Center. To fix;

Edit > Prefernces

Select 'Trust Manager' on the left

Click on 'Change Settings...' with 'Internet Access from PDF Files outside the web browser'

Select the companies network domain from the list, press 'Delete' above the list and re-add with 'Allow'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like magic - thank you.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right on target! Thank you for taking your time to post this solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its really helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I see this is an old post. I also got the SMB error with the permissions issues. It's a PC on a domain with local admin rights and full permissions on the folder and it's the first time giving this issue. I saw the user was using a shortcut to the SMB path so I mapped the path as a network drive and the problem was solved.

As it's working I haven't looked further into why the SMB path wouldn't work and it only happened on certain files which is strange

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May or may not help everyone, but I had found a fix in the Adobe preferences > security (enhanced) > privileged locations > 'add you location' that the error you received was referring too, which again may fix this type of error/issue. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that path mustve been blocked, this resolved the issue for me

Resolution:
https://redspot.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001295216-Security-Block-Adobe-Acrobat-does-not-all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines