• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader freezes

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly when I open Adobe Acrobat Reader or any pdf document (except on the browser where I have Acrobat extension) it freezes with the spinning wheel. I have tried to reinstall Adobe and it remains the same issue. I have Mac OS Monterey and Adobe either with last update.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022
Now suddenly it’s working again! Very weird

--
Carlo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carol,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the Acrobat Reader is freezing on opening.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 21.11.20039 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer.
I have the last version of Acrobat.
I tried your advice but it is the same.

--
Carlo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carlo

We are sorry to hear that the issue is still unresolved.

Please collect the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and share them with us via Document Cloud as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html so that we can isolate the issue for the fix.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carlo,

Could you please get the sample from your machine using the following command?

$ sample -wait Acrobat -file <any suitable folder on machine> 300 1

Thanks,

Vinod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now suddenly it’s working again! Very weird

--
Carlo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This shouldn't be marked as solved.  It is now Novemnber 2022 and I am having the same issue described here in January.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines