• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader v2023.001.20064 'Remember current state of tools pane' not working

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed that since the Adobe Acrobat Reader v2023.001.20064 upgrade, the 'Remember current state of tools pane' not working.  Each time I close the tools pane, and then select the 'Remember current state of tools pane' option, and close Adobe, then next time I open that or any other PDF the Tools pane shows up.  The option seems to be broken, and not persisting. Has anyone else found that to be the case, and is there a working solution to the problem?

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am experiencing the same, very annoying, behavior. I have checked 'remember current state of tools pane' and closed the tools pane--but it reopens everytime I open a pdf. The option is still checked so it seems to not be working. Just close the stupid tools pane!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. It's kinda dumb. I actually found that you can switch from the
'New Acrobat' user interface back to the old Acrobat user interface, and
the 'Remember current state of tools pane' works correctly there. In
Windows, click the Hamburger menu in the top left and select 'Disable New
Acrobat'.

I can't take credit for finding this because I found it on another forum
and can't think where. So thanks to whoever posted that.

I prefer the older UI anyway. I can't think why Adobe messes around with
the UI so much, especially when they screw features up.

Paul.

--
The content of this message is subject to our e-mail confidentiality
policy. <>
Le contenu de
ce message est assujetti à notre politique en matière de confidentialité 
des courriels. <>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is certainly a bug in the "New Acrobat" but I'm guessing that Adobe hasn't admitted it yet? I found a tip about reverting to the old Reader on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Adobe/comments/12inymk/open_pdf_in_acrobat_reader_without_tools_pane_open/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This is a change in Acrobat's UI. The Toolpane is now available on the left-hand side and stick to it. 

You can disable the New view to get this feature enabled.

Also, please fill out this form and file a feature request: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm skeptical, because the new version is ignoring the user's choice to "Remember current state of tools pane" and the tools pane uses up a LOT of space until it is closed/minimized. Yes, I'll be happy to file a feature request, but I still contend that it is actually a bug, because we shouldn't hav to disable the New View in order for the software to respect our "Remember current state of tools pane" choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER DISCUSSIONS]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2023 Jul 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing the same thing. I use Windows 11 and have selected the "Remember the current state of Tools pane" but it keeps coming up every time I open a new document, it wasn't like this with the previous version. My current version is 2023.003.20244 and it's just frustrating to constantly close the tools pane all the time. I don't need it! Please let us know if Adobe has made changes to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2023 Jul 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Remember the current state of the Tools pane" no longer works (until Adobe decides to fix it). Instead, you need to disable the "New" view as mentioned earlier in this topic thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Hope you are doing well.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive and get more out of Acrobat.

We are actively working on all the currently unavailable features, such as customizing the All Tools pane and retaining its current state from the Preferences. And we will address them with the highest priority.

As you get more comfortable with the new interface, please contact us with specific questions on tools, features, or functionalities. We’re happy to provide helpful resources and answers to your questions.

If your critical workflows are impacted, you can switch to the old UI from the “Menu” on the top left corner of Windows and View Menu on MacOS. We will follow up with a detailed community-featured post, guiding you to familiarise yourself with the new interface and regular updates on upcoming changes.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope Adobe gets familiar with letting the users decide what makes them more productive. This tools pane showing is is horribly unproductive as users have to close it 99% of the time. It's just absolutely awful and backwards. "Familiarize yourself with being less productive", thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2023 Oct 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would respectfully like to note to my friends at Adobe that decreasing accessibility is never an improvement. As someone who cannot use the computer quite like most people, this matters. If nothing else, please at least allow a key combination to disable the tools view that makes reading quite difficult. Using the mouse is not a pleasant activity for myself. Thank you for listening.

And yes, I have gone back to the previous version as suggested above, but I fear this may be a temporary help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a silly response.  This is not a "change", this is a bug.  The "Remember current state of tools panel" is still an option in the "new Acrobat", but it simply does not work.

Please fix the *bug*.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines