Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe adding colored lines to document when saving as PDF

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

asg adobe issue san.png

Anyone ever had this issue before? I receive a PDF attachment in an e-mail. I then open it with Adobe Reader DC and click save as so that I can rename it and move it to an appropriate location. However, when I do, Adobe adds random lines to the documents like pictured above. They are not always pink and are not always in the same place. This happens with any PDF I try to save. And when I print the document, the pink line is there on the printed page, so I don't think it's any kind of formatting overlay or something in the software; it is actually adding that to the document. I've removed and re-installed Adobe with no change. Anyone have any ideas?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another example. Not colored this time, just a line of distortion. 

asg adobe issue 2 san.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also wanted to add that I just found a link to the Adobe Acrobat/DC cleaner software from an Adobe rep in another support thread. I tried uninstalling it using that tool and then reinstalling Reader DC after rebooting, no change. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems like it's a part of the original file, not something Reader is adding or doing to it. Especially your second example. It looks like a bad scan. Reader can't really deform a file in this way, but if you share a sample with us it will be easier to know what the issue is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your response. That was my first thought as well, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Here is an example. The first link below is a PDF that was sent to me as a test. The seocnd link is the same file after saving as / renaming. You'll see a line that was added on page two when saving it. 

Before;

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m3RB_mgk3hY8303r_M2rXYFFYFB_LpW4/view?usp=sharing

After:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18gAn4zeFJ1AJfg2owsJG8TbOjW4mM4hJ/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know how the files were created, originally? There are no details in the file metadata which leads me to believe that whatever application was used to create them did not do a very good job of it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They were scanned paper documents scanned in on a copier using the scan-to-email function. I would agree, it probably doesn't do a great job, but the file looks fine before re-saving it so I'm having a hard time blaming the copier. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines