• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe .aspx file downloads

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bank provides .aspx statements and documents for review and downloading from their website. Google Chrome (my default browser) is unable to retrieve these documents as currently configured. To the contrary, Mozilla Firefox is able to review and download these documents without a problem. Internet support at the bank claims the problem is with the Adobe Reader software. I have made numerous attempts to troubleshoot the problem as well as search the Adobe forums. Can someone advise what I need to do in order to get Chrome to work?

Current Computer configuration:

• Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 64-bit
  • Office 2013 Professional
  • Google Chrome 70.0.3538.102 64-bit
  • Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2019.008.20081

Associations:      Name = .aspx     Description = Adobe Acrobat Documents      Default = Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Extensions:         Adobe Acrobat 15.1.0.6      and      Open in PDF Viewer 0.1.1

Error message when trying to open files: “Adobe Acrobat Reader could not open 'RetrieveDocument (14).aspx' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded).”

After attempting to access several documents I receive the message: Waiting for available socket…

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

IT sounds like the bank is generating pdf's on the fly rather than serving up the pdf itself.

That being said, Chrome is not using the Adobe Acrobat Reader plug-in. It uses its own viewer so that could be a problem. So does Edge and Firefox.

You could try using Internet Explorer to see if that clears it up. Otherwise, you need to get a pdf from the bank (this is something they will have to deal with.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IT sounds like the bank is generating pdf's on the fly rather than serving up the pdf itself.

That being said, Chrome is not using the Adobe Acrobat Reader plug-in. It uses its own viewer so that could be a problem. So does Edge and Firefox.

You could try using Internet Explorer to see if that clears it up. Otherwise, you need to get a pdf from the bank (this is something they will have to deal with.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines