• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe PDF Reader Installer installs Mcafee bloatware without permission!

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe PDF reader installer I downloaded from the Adobe site went ahead and installed some Mcafee bloatware software on my PC without asking for permission.

This is unacceptable from a company of your cadre, and I insist you remove these mandatory bloatware installations along with your products!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rahul

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

We do have the option to check/uncheck the optional offers getting installed with download of Adobe Acrobat/ Reader DC application as shown in the screenshot below:

Capture.PNG

Also, would you mind sharing the link you have used to download the application?

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded it from the same link, and was expecting any bloatware request to show up during the installation process.

You have added it to the Download page so that customers don't pay attention. Sneaky! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me too. I really hate companies like Adobe do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So annoying.. like who wants some antivirus crap with their PDF reader? NO ONE EVER

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. You may share your feedback to the engineering team using the link https://acrobat.uservoice.com/ 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This reply is balony. Your engineering team doesn't give a care about how this is packaged and it isn't part of their decision. Even I know my engineering team would hate this add-on. It's all marketing teams doing. You know people don't want this bloat ware. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Such nonsense. You know it's terrible practice. You know NO ONE wants this. No need to share anything with the engineering team who will have nothing to do with this. EVERYONE knows you only care about the revenue this brings in. Such decisions are not made by engineering. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wasted an hour trying to un-install the bloatware.  I am surprised that Adobe and Mcafee would want to damage their respective reputations in this way - very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, very sheisty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any company that has top sneak their software onto someone's computer like this is probably junk and is basically trying to trick people into buying their garbage.   I got tricked into it as well because I didn't scroll all the way to the end of the license agreement to uncheck the box, and in order to uninstall it I had to download more McAfee garbage.   Very pathetic Adobe, you are better than this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree - I was like WTF??? When it began installing, I STOPPED IT - I ALREADY HAVE Virus Protection, thanks - ALL I WANTED WAS A PDF READER. - More Absolute BS. This kind of nonsense is why I went to GIMP instead of Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines