• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Pro - How do I reduce size of icons?

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, my Adobe Pro reader now displays super large icons and when I go into the menus, some of the content is off screen.  How do I change back to smaller icons so I can see everything in the window?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Hello Markw,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, the icons in Adobe Reader is large, Is that correct?

Please navigate to Adobe Reader's Preferences from Edit>Preferences(Windows)/Adobe Reader>Preferences(Mac)> General>Select "No Scaling" in Scale for screen resolution(restart required)>Click OK.

Close the Adobe Reader and reboot the machine and see if this brings any difference.

Make sure that you have the latest version of Adobe Reader from help>check for update

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Markw,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, the icons in Adobe Reader is large, Is that correct?

Please navigate to Adobe Reader's Preferences from Edit>Preferences(Windows)/Adobe Reader>Preferences(Mac)> General>Select "No Scaling" in Scale for screen resolution(restart required)>Click OK.

Close the Adobe Reader and reboot the machine and see if this brings any difference.

Make sure that you have the latest version of Adobe Reader from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing any updates.

If you still experience any issue, please repair the installation files of Adobe Reader from help>repair installation(only for Windows), reboot the machine after repairing Adobe Reader.

What is the dot version of Adobe Reader installed, to identify refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Is it a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version of OS installed?

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

having the same issue. All the icons and toolbars are uncomfortably large. I prefer a clean an very small design as I have a screen with very high resolution. However, I am unable to follow the directions of the answer as the options don't appear in my preferences menu. I am working on MacOs and have the lates version of Adobe Acrobat DC installed. See the attached screenshot of my preferences. What do I have to do? Something that needs to be enabled first for the options to be visible?

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are still looking for an answer, it's so easy. Preferences -> Page Display -> Resolution -> Custom Resolution "110" (or whatever size you want but 110 is small enough imo)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He was asking about the interface. The Pref. you mentioned is about the display of the contents - the page. And does not affect the working icons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is for Adobe Reader. My issue is with Acrobat DC having extra large app icons in the tool bar. (Also the large tabs for the file names.) I have a 27 inch screen. I open the client's PDF with comments to the right side of the screen and have the InDesign file opened on the left half of the screen. I need PDF page as large as possible with the comments tools opened so I can see the client changes and then make them to the InDesign file. I actually prefer the window layout and size of the icons in the Acrobat Pro version over the newer DC. Is it possible for the DC version to consider which machine it's on? It seems like the icon size is large to be viewed on laptops or iPads. Users need the ability to make the icons smaller. And also to have the "two page view" as part of the tool bar rather than only accessible by the menu/view/page display/two page view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat has the same setting as the one described above for Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Until Adobe addresses this issue, I'm using Apple Preview. I have found no way to reduce the icon or tab sizes in Acrobat Pro (version 2022.003.20314).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines