• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader 22.001.20142 Not Responding Issue

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We pushed this update out to our clients on Friday and they have been reporting that adobe reader is telling them not responding after about 30 seconds of being launched and then has to be force closed. Tried repairing the installation and completely reinstalling, but this has not helped.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

We found the issue is somehow related to the application launching in protected mode. We disabled this in the registry and have not had any more issue. To do this we had to go under

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown 

and add the following DWORD (32-bit) value

bProtectedMode set to 0x00000000 (0)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nick,

I hope you are doing well. I am sorry for your experience with Acrobat Reader.

Please share a few more information for us to investigate further:

1. The operating system of the user being deployed;

2. When does the application freeze. Is it after launch or after opening any PDF?

3. A screenshot or screen recording of the error message would be great.

You may also refer to this thread which has an issue similar to yours and let me know if it helps: 

Solved: Adobe Reader is not responding

Thanks,

Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course, thanks.

1. Windows 10 Enterprise Version 21H2 Build 19044.1766

2. The application is freezing after launching just the application. I do not have to open a pdf for the problem to occur.

3. I have attached photos of the error screen and the event viewer details. I also have a dump report, but it would not let me upload it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just attempted the steps from the thread you provided and they did not resolve the issue. Also the link for the cleaner tool mentioned in that thread no longer works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nick,

Can you check with the 64-bit version of the application and let me know if it works for you?

You can download the same from here: Download Acrobat DC 64-bit for Windows (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We found the issue is somehow related to the application launching in protected mode. We disabled this in the registry and have not had any more issue. To do this we had to go under

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown 

and add the following DWORD (32-bit) value

bProtectedMode set to 0x00000000 (0)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Nick249577678avh Hi,

Thank you so much for taking the time and providing the resolution you came up with. This would help other users too who face the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines