We pushed this update out to our clients on Friday and they have been reporting that adobe reader is telling them not responding after about 30 seconds of being launched and then has to be force closed. Tried repairing the installation and completely reinstalling, but this has not helped.
I hope you are doing well. I am sorry for your experience with Acrobat Reader.
Please share a few more information for us to investigate further:
1. The operating system of the user being deployed;
2. When does the application freeze. Is it after launch or after opening any PDF?
3. A screenshot or screen recording of the error message would be great.
You may also refer to this thread which has an issue similar to yours and let me know if it helps:
Of course, thanks.
1. Windows 10 Enterprise Version 21H2 Build 19044.1766
2. The application is freezing after launching just the application. I do not have to open a pdf for the problem to occur.
3. I have attached photos of the error screen and the event viewer details. I also have a dump report, but it would not let me upload it here.
I just attempted the steps from the thread you provided and they did not resolve the issue. Also the link for the cleaner tool mentioned in that thread no longer works.
We found the issue is somehow related to the application launching in protected mode. We disabled this in the registry and have not had any more issue. To do this we had to go under
and add the following DWORD (32-bit) value
bProtectedMode set to 0x00000000 (0)