• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe reader cannot open in protected mode due to an incompatability with your system configuration.

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2013 Apr 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I remove this and get the progam working again?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 16, 2013 Apr 16, 2013

Please See the solution on below link : http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/reader-core-dll-error.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2013 Apr 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open Adobe Reader by itself?  If so, try disabling Protected Mode [Edit | Preferences | Security (Enhanced)].

If not, tell us your operating system and Reader version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2013 Apr 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't sure how to reply back through the website. I am using Adobe

Reader XI. The message thay I get when I try to open the progrqm is

Acrobat failed to load its core DLL and my operating system is Windows 7

Home Premium. The program used to work, then, all of sudden stopped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2013 Apr 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Various similar topics indicate that you may have a rootkit infection on your system.  See http://support.kaspersky.com/5350?el=88446

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2013 Apr 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I want to spend $60 to fix a free program. When I try to

install the program again, it is asking me to sign in, but I cannot seem

to sign in. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2013 Apr 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what you mean by $60...?

I also don't understand where you need to sign in...

Did you check about the possible rootkit infection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link for the rootkit infection cost $60. I had found where I could

download Adobe Reader XI without having to sign in, but it didn't work

either. Perhaps if I uninstall the program and reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The download and use of the Kaspersky TDSSKiller tool is 100% free; I don't know where you see that $60 figure.

Uninstalling & reinstalling Adobe Reader will not help you if your system is infected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please See the solution on below link : http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/reader-core-dll-error.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT WORKED!!! Thank you so very, very, very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.. is there any other solution for win11 2023? your answer is a decade old but there is no other reference to the problem. Please advise, Thanks for your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there!

I am having exactly the same problem. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling too many times. I tried removing files and folders manually, cleaning with ccleaner after uninstallation. In addtion to these I also tried uninstalling with adobe removal tool. I rebooted everytime before downloading a fresh installation.

My OS is Windows 10 Professional Version 1803 and build 17134.48 on a Microsoft Surface Pro 3.

I also tried TDSSKiller but it doesn't find anything. I am an IT guy and OK with using a computer without having any rootkits, malicious software, viruses etc. Even though I am using enterprise version of Sophos for protection. It also found nothing. That is why I do not think that this is the issue.

Only thing that I can think of is Surface Pro 3 is pending for an update for security processor (TPM). On microsoft's website they say the patch will be available for download soon.

Could this be the issue? Maybe I am having this problem because of the lack of security update of my surface pro 3 processor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines