Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe reader DC keeps freezing

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been working with Adobe Reader for a long time. I am currently having issues with my Adobe DC. It works fine on my MacBook Air but unfortunately it keeps freezing on my iMac Retina when I click on the highlight button.

How do I solve this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Hi Federicof,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We have received few reports related to this issue and sadly we have not been able to reproduce the issue in-house.

• Please check if you have any pending updates for Reader.
  • Check if the issue is reproducible with all the files you are trying to highlight.
  • Is there any other tool under comments/annotation that is causing this issue? Or it just the highlight tool?
  • Have you tried reinstalling the application?
  • If not, try uninstalling and try reset prefere

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Federicof,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We have received few reports related to this issue and sadly we have not been able to reproduce the issue in-house.

• Please check if you have any pending updates for Reader.
  • Check if the issue is reproducible with all the files you are trying to highlight.
  • Is there any other tool under comments/annotation that is causing this issue? Or it just the highlight tool?
  • Have you tried reinstalling the application?
  • If not, try uninstalling and try reset preferences How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.  Restart the machine and try again.

Please let us know if that helps. Or if you have already found a resolution/workaround to this query, please reply to third with your findings that will help.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same issue on my Windows 10 laptop. Every so often when I'm highlighting documents the document will freeze then say "Acrobat has stopped working" and shut down. However, recently (in the last 2 weeks), it will freeze my entire computer and the only way to solve the issue is to restart my computer. This keeps happening in 10-15 minute intervals and I can't get any work done. I've tried reinstalling the program several times, and repairing the installation, as well as updating my computer system. Nothing has worked and it's really interrupting my work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello sorrelr70463918

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, the Adobe Reader DC is crashing on your Windows 10 machine and you have tried uninstalling and repairing the Adobe Reader, Is that correct?

Please try removing installed Adobe Reader using the Acrobat cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine, and then install the Adobe Reader from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution and see if this brings any difference.

If the issue still persists, please enable the hidden administrator account (https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/555910/how-to-enable-the-built-in-administrator-account-in-... ) Or create a new Test User profile with full admin rights and try to install Adobe Reader and see if you still face any issue.

Let us know your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for the advice. Unfortunately, I have tried both these methods and neither work: my computer still freezes if I’m highlighting a lot.

Sorrel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sorrelr,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, please check for any pending/latest updates from help>check for updates, reboot the machine and see if this brings any difference.

As you mentioned, you have tried all the suggestions mentioned in the previous post and the issue still persists, please create a test user account with full admin rights(for windows) or enable the root account(for mac) and install Adobe Reader Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution  and see if the issue is reproducible.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have tried all of these suggestions and it hangs.  I notice that the Windows lsass.exe process is always at 100% when this happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Each time I pull up a PDF, I get a square blank screen in front of the document and a continual colored circle. Even after 10 minutes it will not go away, will not allow me to close it.  I cannot pull up any PDF docs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines